Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read similar threads with bikes experiencing this similar noise. I got a 2012 Rzr S, 45 hrs, i have been hearing this noise for a while now. At idle it has a metallic knock that sounds like its coming from the engine, but as soon as you idle it up it goes away. It hasn't gotten any worse and i just did the 2nd oil change and the oil was clean. i have read that it can be the clutch weights making the noise at idle. It also doesn't do it immediatly when you crank it up, just after it warms up. Am i being paranoid or is this a common issue?

·
Registered
376 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a 570 not long ago and had a similar problem. I will have to see him tomorrow and find out what it was. I will try to report back.

·
Premium Member
41,100 Posts
I've read similar threads with bikes experiencing this similar noise. I got a 2012 Rzr S, 45 hrs, i have been hearing this noise for a while now. At idle it has a metallic knock that sounds like its coming from the engine, but as soon as you idle it up it goes away. It hasn't gotten any worse and i just did the 2nd oil change and the oil was clean. i have read that it can be the clutch weights making the noise at idle. It also doesn't do it immediatly when you crank it up, just after it warms up. Am i being paranoid or is this a common issue?
If it does it after it's warm I'd say get he engine warmed up, take the primary clutch off, start the engine without the primary clutch and see if the clutch is the culprit...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my dealer today and he answered me before i was done telling him what was wrong. He said " Doesnt do it when you idle it up does it?" I said " No". Next words out of his mouth were "Clutch weights rattling, they do that alot, its normal dont be concerned". So i said " Ok well i feel better, and if it is a rod? He said " Its not if it doesnt do it when you idle it up, its the weights you're not the first to experience this". So i guess we will see....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts