Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sharp rzr
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
been reading online, still undecided. either want the 26"bighorn or the bighorn 2.0, running the 25"mudlite right now doesnt give me enough ground clearance on trails and digs too much in sand.. with a few pounds difference the 2.0 should do a little better on my basically stock rzr, just have epi duner clutch kit. do some trail riding, and some dunes riding. gonna spend the money now on new dirts for the winter, then next spring get some paddles. but as for now trying to figure out if anyone has ran both on stock rzr and if they noticed any difference as far as which is better?... did some more research, and according to pureoffroad.com got weights of 5 diff tires. Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 in 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 full set weighs around 93.8lbs. maxxis Bighorn set in 26x9x12 and 26x12x12 set weighs 110.2lbs. GBC Dirt Commander 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 set weighs 105lbs. ITP Terra Cross 26x9x12 and 26x11x12 set weighs 104lbs. ITP mudlite in a 25x8x12 and 25x12x12 which is what i have now weighs 89.4.

·
Registered
328 Posts
My understanding in the difference between the original Bighorn and the 2.0 is the weight. Oh If I remember the tread is shorter on the 2.0's.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i got some 2.0's wish i had gotten the reg's

·
Lo64chvy is Sr
171 Posts
I have a set of the 2.0 and a set of the regular white letter Bighorns, and with the exception of the white letters I prefer the regular Bighorns. The lugs on the regular Bighorns are wider and seem less susceptible to damage.

·
sharp rzr
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got the 2.0's on friday, and they are amazing. the tread lugs are skinnier but same depth. also i believe the casing is a little thinner, more likely to get a flat, but also should give more flex when aired down for dune riding. i think it was the better way to go being lighter in weight than most other 26" tires, for the less powerful RZR 50" vs the RZRs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts