Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just installed makin trax springs on my 2011 rzr S and with zero preload I gained almost an inch in the front but in the rear I lost an inch from stock. Should I add some preload to the rear??

·
Premium Member
8,864 Posts
Yes! Unless you got them on backward.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got 225 on the front and 250s on the rear. There's an old thread on here Steve put up saying use zero pre load. I'll try it and play with it on the trail

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
i have m/t progressives on my s rear are 250
i added preload on them,
i have alot of weight on the back,
just tinker with them til you get you original ride height,

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
I know Steve likes 0 preload but that didn't work for me. I run about 4-5 turns in the rear. That gets the ass up enough to take a hard bottom out/G out. If I start out at 0 there isn't enough shock travel to slow the suspension before it hits bottom. With it up a little I never have any trouble. I can run most whoops at full throttle

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I know Steve likes 0 preload but that didn't work for me. I run about 4-5 turns in the rear. That gets the ass up enough to take a hard bottom out/G out. If I start out at 0 there isn't enough shock travel to slow the suspension before it hits bottom. With it up a little I never have any trouble. I can run most whoops at full throttle
X2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts