Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
53 Posts
Just curious what all you guru's think about the SSV-304 ? It's got a bluetooth,AM-FM tuner, 4-6.5" speakers and a digital 50w x 4 low power draw digital amp that mounted to the cage above my head in a all inclusive housing. All i had to wire was a hot and ground to my battery. It sounds good to me in the garage but to cold here in MN to ride right now. I picked it up through Amazon as a damaged box,full warranty,new product for 499.00. When I got it, the box wasn't even damaged. I don't understand half the stuff you guy's are talking about on here. I don't need my seats to shake, I just wanted a radio. Will I be disappointed.
Absolutely not, it’s all about Volume...SSV makes some great, plug and go kits, especially for $500, GREAT Deal! For what I wanted, it would be $2200 from them and I didn’t want to pay that kind of money for a system built by someone else. I wanted to use my Ride Command so I went to work on what would work with this Ride Command, took a lot of reading and research to find what I wanted and what would work and Sound good and not have the whine like most everyone else experiences except the few like TURBOSUPED

53 Posts
Honestly what is there to hate about it? Mounted in a good spot, works with gloves on, and can control volume right there. To each there own but seems like a big waste of money to bypass the ride command. I can’t believe half of what
[email protected] is saying. Input amp1 and amp2 is full range. Amp3 is for sub with only lows. I have a JL xd700/5 powering 2 JL 8.8’s and a glovebox JL 10w3. Also have a alpine power pack powering the front JL 6.5’s. All 3 inputs are used on ride command. No whine or white noise, phone connects always, and system sounds better than anything I have yet to hear. The OP had a decent setup just needed to clean the signal up
How is your low end on the Amp 3 for your JL Sub? Does the 700/5 have a decent enough built in crossover that the Low ends are low enough and the sound is good? That was one thing I found that the Full Range output of the Amp 3 without the Bass adjustment that it didn’t produce a low end 20-60HZ range very well?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Absolutely not, it’s all about Volume...SSV makes some great, plug and go kits, especially for $500, GREAT Deal! For what I wanted, it would be $2200 from them and I didn’t want to pay that kind of money for a system built by someone else. I wanted to use my Ride Command so I went to work on what would work with this Ride Command, took a lot of reading and research to find what I wanted and what would work and Sound good and not have the whine like most everyone else experiences except the few like TURBOSUPED
I second this, great stuff from SSV. Their Ride Command compatible kits are great. All very easy to install, Plug-n-play, plenty of volume for my taste. Built by someone else, what do you mean by that? Cheers🍻

·
Registered
79 Posts
UPDATE: Not SSV Related

Anyone have issues with a dead RC and the full SSV kicker kit. I have absolutely no function of RC, black screen. I spoke with SSV, and they said even if their was an issue with the harness it wouldn’t cause any issues with the RZR.

I did a lot of accessory additions at the same time, but the only thing that even remotely integrated into the factory wiring is the 3 SSV amp signal harness plugs.

The RZR is at the dealer now where they are trying to track down the problem. They have tried a new RC unit and re checked all fuses and relays.

This is pretty much my worst nightmare with these things. I’m hoping maybe I messed up a wire, or unhooked a ground, something simple.

·
Registered
767 Posts
How is your low end on the Amp 3 for your JL Sub? Does the 700/5 have a decent enough built in crossover that the Low ends are low enough and the sound is good? That was one thing I found that the Full Range output of the Amp 3 without the Bass adjustment that it didn’t produce a low end 20-60HZ range very well?
All my research when installing the system said that amp 3 is lows only basically a sub output. For me amp2 was front speakers and amp1 was rear. My lows are as good as they can be for that box and environment. Of course I would like more but who doesn’t. Maybe I got lucky but I don’t think so. I used recreational watts rca adapters, short ground to chassis, and remote wire ran off a switch to combat popping. Everything works and sounds great especially the 8.8’s

53 Posts
I second this, great stuff from SSV. Their Ride Command compatible kits are great. All very easy to install, Plug-n-play, plenty of volume for my taste. Built by someone else, what do you mean by that? Cheers🍻
All my research when installing the system said that amp 3 is lows only basically a sub output. For me amp2 was front speakers and amp1 was rear. My lows are as good as they can be for that box and environment. Of course I would like more but who doesn’t. Maybe I got lucky but I don’t think so. I used recreational watts rca adapters, short ground to chassis, and remote wire ran off a switch to combat popping. Everything works and sounds great especially the 8.8’s
One of the lucky ones for sure! Got a few Friends with the Turbo S and all of us had the really bad feedback from the Dynamix. If you disconnect the Dynamix it it’s gone, tried different ground options, adding grounds and no luck. Only really disappears on the Firm setting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Anyone have issues with a dead RC and the full SSV kicker kit. I have absolutely no function of RC, black screen. I spoke with SSV, and they said even if their was an issue with the harness it wouldn’t cause any issues with the RZR.

I did a lot of accessory additions at the same time, but the only thing that even remotely integrated into the factory wiring is the 3 SSV amp signal harness plugs.

The RZR is at the dealer now where they are trying to track down the problem. They have tried a new RC unit and re checked all fuses and relays.

This is pretty much my worst nightmare with these things. I’m hoping maybe I messed up a wire, or unhooked a ground, something simple.
Any updates on the dead screen on the R.C.?
Just curious incase lord forbid I have the same issue

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any updates on the dead screen on the R.C.?
Just curious incase lord forbid I have the same issue

UPDATE: Not SSV Related.

Dealer called and said the RZR is ready for pickup and they would go over what is going on with it when I get there.

If it is not SSV related I will update every post I made clearing that up.

I'm hoping it was my fault completely and it was a stupid mistake 😂

I’m picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I really hope the stereo is hooked up 🤞

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Dealer called and said the RZR is ready for pickup and they would go over what is going on with it when I get there.

I'm hoping it was my fault completely and it was a stupid mistake

I’m picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I really hope the stereo is hooked up
Well!!
The only reason I am asking is I am wait for my new amp to show up, and if my screen also goes dead from my install, I will know were to start looking
MUST HAVE MUSIC

·
Registered
8 Posts

I'm hoping it was my fault completely and it was a stupid mistake 😂

I’m picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I really hope the stereo is hooked up 🤞
That's great! I look forward to the update.
I talked to a friend that had a similar problem (or maybe the same problem) BUT* does not have a stereo in his RZR.
From my understanding it was a low voltage issue that the RC did not respond well to. Black screen lock up/sleep mode . Anyways, he disconnected the battery, reconnected after 10 minutes and it "woke up". Good to go after that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #71

I'm hoping it was my fault completely and it was a stupid mistake

I’m picking it up tomorrow afternoon. I really hope the stereo is hooked up
So what is the good word on the dead R.C.?

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's great! I look forward to the update.
I talked to a friend that had a similar problem (or maybe the same problem) BUT* does not have a stereo in his RZR.
From my understanding it was a low voltage issue that the RC did not respond well to. Black screen lock up/sleep mode . Anyways, he disconnected the battery, reconnected after 10 minutes and it "woke up". Good to go after that.
So what is the good word on the dead R.C.?

Good news, the dead RC was not a Stereo related issue at all. Turned out one of the pins in one of the connectors got pushed in and was not making contact. Dealer said it was a pain to track down as there are no diagnostic ports for the electrical system, and the pins are very hard to see. Dealer was able to warranty the work so, I should be good to go. I will go back and edit my posts to not reflect poorly on SSV. SSV's system is very well put together so I'm hoping once I have it all back together I don't have the dreaded Dynamix feedback issue.

My dealer originally told me not to tie into the Dynamix at all as they have had countless issues. When they do stereos they run a separate head unit.

Back side of the RC, lots of pins 😮

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Good news, the dead RC was not a Stereo related issue at all. Turned out one of the pins in one of the connectors got pushed in and was not making contact. Dealer said it was a pain to track down as there are no diagnostic ports for the electrical system, and the pins are very hard to see. Dealer was able to warranty the work so, I should be good to go. I will go back and edit my posts to not reflect poorly on SSV. SSV's system is very well put together so I'm hoping once I have it all back together I don't have the dreaded Dynamix feedback issue.

My dealer originally told me not to tie into the Dynamix at all as they have had countless issues. When they do stereos they run a separate head unit.

Back side of the RC, lots of pins
Thanks for the update. I have added a FM antenna and V2V transponder to the back of my R.C. and to say it is a little busy back there is a understatement
Now if my R.C. ever goes black on me I will have a good starting point to start at. Thanks again for the update, that is why Iike forums so much, most likely SOMEONE has been there done that or had the same issue.
Took the RZR out in some 3 to 4 fresh powder yesterday. ANOTHER 60 miles of nothing but smiles for me and the boy again...

61 - 73 of 73 Posts