Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If so, you want to run your Ride Command adapter off the Amp 2 connection. This will allow you more full range and bass and then fading capabilities which you have control over the Bass, Mid and Highs where Amp 3 has no control and is just full range which is why it sucks for a sub without a processor.

Also, there’s a regulated adapter you should use that will prevent the really bad popping noise when the car turns off. The fang lights stay on and so does the electrical feed to the ride command and when it turns off there is a loud pop every time unless you use the adapter!

I will look into the PSM and see if I can get ya a deal, I can look at the Amp, the XL355-DM for you too if you’d like!
That is good info on the Amp 2 plug, I believe have it plugged into Amp #1 right now.
AND YES PLEASE!! look into what size amp u think I should run, and the ARC unit. Are u a dealer, or just have connections?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
If you want less work, go with the MB Quartz Bluetooth module! The unit is a Carling switch which is pretty sweet, easy to hook up, Has RCA outputs!
I am pulling my hair out with all these diffent options
I have read with the Bluetooth you loose some clarity and volume? What is your opinion, or what would u do? Sounds like to me u have this stuff down to a science..

53 Posts
Connections! Lol. Go with the XL-5675M. It’s a 5 channel, 990 watts but you can run just 2 channels and add later! Keeps it clean and It’s a great amp, comes with a separate bass control knob, built in crossovers. The 2 channel XL-355 is $200 and the XL-5675 5 channel is $360. I can get the arc audio unit for $300. The regulated adapter is $100, you can not run it, it will just pop when the power turns off

53 Posts
Connections! Lol. Go with the XL-5675M. It’s a 5 channel, 990 watts but you can run just 2 channels and add later! Keeps it clean and It’s a great amp, comes with a separate bass control knob, built in crossovers. The 2 channel XL-355 is $200 and the XL-5675 5 channel is $360. I can get the arc audio unit for $300. The regulated adapter is $100, you can not run it, it will just pop when the power turns off

53 Posts
I might be slightly crazy! Lol!! I’m an Audio weirdo, I love music, I love it loud and I like it clean. My house, cars, Truck, Trailer... all are like this! God bless my wife for putting up with me! 😂

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I might be slightly crazy! Lol!! I’m an Audio weirdo, I love music, I love it loud and I like it clean. My house, cars, Truck, Trailer... all are like this! God bless my wife for putting up with me!
Not crazzzy to me brother!!! I am a very avid music lover myself, just trying to keep up with all the new stuff on the market.
So let me know were and who I need to pay, and I will purchase all the products u recomend. This will the be the third time I have dealt with installing amps and re wiring the entire system on the RZR. Atleast since I have met u I KNOW THE THIRD TIME will be the charm
And thanks for all your help and info, it is much appreciated...

·
Registered
767 Posts
You guys are crazy avoiding ride command as a head unit. It works great even with dynamix and me switching suspension settings constantly. I have a JL and alpine amp and have no whine. Don’t see how a amp brand is going to affect a crappy input signal. Get better rca adapters and I bet you would be good. Like I said no reason to buy new stuff when that ride command works great as a head unit

·
Registered
690 Posts
“...ride commands works great as a head unit...” I honestly never thought I would hear those words strung together.
I am happy for you if that works well enough brother. Keep on keepin on.

·
Registered
767 Posts
“...ride commands works great as a head unit...” I honestly never thought I would hear those words strung together.
I am happy for you if that works well enough brother. Keep on keepin on.
Honestly what is there to hate about it? Mounted in a good spot, works with gloves on, and can control volume right there. To each there own but seems like a big waste of money to bypass the ride command. I can’t believe half of what
[email protected] is saying. Input amp1 and amp2 is full range. Amp3 is for sub with only lows. I have a JL xd700/5 powering 2 JL 8.8’s and a glovebox JL 10w3. Also have a alpine power pack powering the front JL 6.5’s. All 3 inputs are used on ride command. No whine or white noise, phone connects always, and system sounds better than anything I have yet to hear. The OP had a decent setup just needed to clean the signal up

·
Registered
690 Posts
Hit up dstew619 bro ask him what he thinks of RC. :ROFLMAO:
This forum is riddled with RC integration issues. Especially the first gen. Like I said man, if it all works great for you then keep it up! Not everyone had the same luck, and not all the products functioned the same for whatever reasons. It’s been an ongoing issue as far as I have known.

Also this is why companies like SSV and RF put out special amps - just to function with dynamix and the feedback it had in the units.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just curious what all you guru's think about the SSV-304 ? It's got a bluetooth,AM-FM tuner, 4-6.5" speakers and a digital 50w x 4 low power draw digital amp that mounted to the cage above my head in a all inclusive housing. All i had to wire was a hot and ground to my battery. It sounds good to me in the garage but to cold here in MN to ride right now. I picked it up through Amazon as a damaged box,full warranty,new product for 499.00. When I got it, the box wasn't even damaged. I don't understand half the stuff you guy's are talking about on here. I don't need my seats to shake, I just wanted a radio. Will I be disappointed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well!! Out with old and waiting for the new to show up in the mail.
Half a day to install the wires to the front and install the amp, and less than a half hour to remove it all

With the gracious help of
mtautosports1, he has steered me in the correct direction for what amp & PCM to remove the DREADED wine out of the stereo thanks to the Ride Comand and the Dynamax suspension, and to save my charging system.

53 Posts
Honestly what is there to hate about it? Mounted in a good spot, works with gloves on, and can control volume right there. To each there own but seems like a big waste of money to bypass the ride command. I can’t believe half of what
[email protected] is saying. Input amp1 and amp2 is full range. Amp3 is for sub with only lows. I have a JL xd700/5 powering 2 JL 8.8’s and a glovebox JL 10w3. Also have a alpine power pack powering the front JL 6.5’s. All 3 inputs are used on ride command. No whine or white noise, phone connects always, and system sounds better than anything I have yet to hear. The OP had a decent setup just needed to clean the signal up
I would absolutely use the Ride Command, it’s a great unit. All the inputs work, you can’t independently control Amp3 plug. Only amp 1 and 2 you can independently control, no on screen adjustments for Amp 3. There have been numerous complaints on the whine/feedback on the 7 button Ride Command with the Dynamix suspension unless it’s onthe firm setting. My conversation was to purely help with what works for him. If yours has been plug and go then congrats! Maybe you got a”LUCKY” RZR!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts