Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Juts put a amp and some 8" speakers in my 2019 XP 4 Turbo S, I could hear some computer noise with the key on ACC, but as soon as I start the rig the stator wine is JUST UNBEARABLE!!!
Will a in_line noise suppressor on the RCA jacks and on the positive wire from the battery to the amp cure this issue ?? Never dealt with stators before, this is my first RZR!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could be the gigantic amp you’re running. An amp that size could ruin your whole charging system. They make amp specific for power sports. Mini amps but still pack a big punch without the huge draw on the charging system.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could be the gigantic amp you’re running. An amp that size could ruin your whole charging system. They make amp specific for power sports. Mini amps but still pack a big punch without the huge draw on the charging system.

I was afraid of that!! I installed Pyle marine mimi amp, and it was just that A PILE!!! I Could barely here the speakers with the volume all the way up and the motor off. 100 amp continues my butt, more like 10 amps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the noise only when it’s running or when you turn the key on? The Dynamix suspension can cause a lot of feedback when you turn the car on.
Some little feedback when the key is on Acc, might be the Dynamix suspension like you mentioned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
JL is a great product and also might want to check the Kicker PX series amps. Both are tuned towards power sports uses.

94 Posts
Look into the powerbass amps. It’s what I used and if your savvy with car audio the Arc Audio processor will take out all the whine completely. The Arc Audio is what’s used in Harley Davidson stereo applications as well. It rocks!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Look into the powerbass amps. It’s what I used and if your savvy with car audio the Arc Audio processor will take out all the whine completely. The Arc Audio is what’s used in Harley Davidson stereo applications as well. It rocks!!!
Thanks!!!
Will be looking into that for sure. I read last night these things have charging issues in stock form, I don't need to be adding to it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe a stupid question, but since I need to spend more money, and everything I have read said the charging system is minimal at best in stock for on the RZR's, is there a way to upgrade the charging system??
I would rather spend more money on making it better (25 plus year of rock crawling exsperince) than just buy another small amp and put a band aid on it!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might be a stupid question, but since I have read the charging system is minimal at best in stock form, is there way to upgrade the system?
I would rather spend more money on making it better (25 plus years of rock crawling) than just put a band aid on it and purchase a smaller amp!

94 Posts
Change the battery so it doesn’t work as hard. I turned up my stereo with my stock battery and check engine light came on because voltage dropped below 11.7 while running, yeah little to much draw so I adjusted everything down a little, Put in a Full Throttle FT560 battery and the impulse amps helps as well as overall load with added accessories, and it made a huge difference. I also have the AIM belt temp guage that shows voltage as well so I can keep an eye on things better.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Which brand rca adapter for the ride command? Marine and automotive amps are no difference in terms of power draw. I have a JL XD700/5 in my rzr with no major whine or ill effects

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Which brand rca adapter for the ride command? Marine and automotive amps are no difference in terms of power draw. I have a JL XD700/5 in my rzr with no major whine or ill effects
The one made by Polaris...

94 Posts
It will be because of the Dynamix suspension. That’s why Rockford and Soundwerx had to redesign for the Dynamix suspension on the RZR. There’s a few other amps out there that I hear work as well.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Juts put a amp and some 8" speakers in my 2019 XP 4 Turbo S, I could hear some computer noise with the key on ACC, but as soon as I start the rig the stator wine is JUST UNBEARABLE!!!
Will a in_line noise suppressor on the RCA jacks and on the positive wire from the battery to the amp cure this issue ?? Never dealt with stators before, this is my first RZR!!!

Thanks!!!
I highly doubt that will solve your problem unfortunately. It is well known that you can not install just any ol amplifier with the dynamix system. Everyone has the same prob. I’m actually really surprised you haven’t heard about that yet.
There are a handful of companies that have figured out a system to work with dynamix but they will not release their secrets! I called SSV and talked with them for awhile and they were really helpful, but i couldn’t get them to tell me what to do to mitigate The noise short of ordering their head unit and amp.

BTW - what you’re hearing is the dynamix “brain” causing feedback in the charging system, not the stator.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I highly doubt that will solve your problem unfortunately. It is well known that you can not install just any ol amplifier with the dynamix system. Everyone has the same prob. I’m actually really surprised you haven’t heard about that yet.
There are a handful of companies that have figured out a system to work with dynamix but they will not release their secrets! I called SSV and talked with them for awhile and they were really helpful, but i couldn’t get them to tell me what to do to mitigate The noise short of ordering their head unit and amp.

BTW - what you’re hearing is the dynamix “brain” causing feedback in the charging system, not the stator.
So are u telling me I have to purchase a diffent head unit and amp?
And I have had my RZR Less than a month, might explain why I have not hurd of these issues, but I am slowly figuring them out

1 - 20 of 73 Posts