Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I just bought my 1st RZR 4 900. Not an overly experienced or hard driver. Plan to use it to hit the trails and have fun with the family. I am debating adding on the maintenance and extended warranty. The MSRP was 1200 for 3 years extended and 2200 for 3 year maintenance. He offered me 4 years extended at 1200 and maintenance plan at 1800. So all in 3k.

Because I know I lack the skill and time to do maintenance myself I think I really should get that plan. I’m curious if you think the price is right or should i haggle it down further? I really appreciate any feedback you can provide me. I live in Las Vegas if that helps at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We also have the 900 4 and love it more every time we use it.

The warranty is a gamble as nobody can tell if and when you will have a problem or if it is worth it for the money to you. We didn’t buy it because the 900 4 is probably the most reliable model in the Polaris line and we haven’t had a single problem in 2 years but we just trail ride and don’t beat on it.

You do need to do regular maintenance but I don’t know if I would buy a contact. If you can’t do oil changes yourself then look at the maintenance schedule and estimate how much you will use it each year. Then ask the dealer how much for an oil change and full service of all fluids. $1800 seems high. One oil change per season is what we average and that shouldn’t be more than $100. A full service with all fluids shouldn’t be more than $300. So I know I couldn’t get to $1800 in 4 years if I tried. You can save so much money if you learn to do simple oil changes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Remember one thing that if you buy the warranty and want to upgrade using bigger tires & wheels, keep the old ones until you are out of warranty. When going for service (dealer could find a problem) or warranty claims, be sure to re-install the original tires & wheels. Most claims are rejected because the vehicle was modified. Its not the dealer, on some claims, Polaris or the company paying for the work sends an adjuster. Think, clutch problems or a broken transmission.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you can’t do your own maintenance and the warranty helps you sleep at night and makes your RZR more enjoyable then it is worth it to you. It’s a personal decision.

·
Dunepilot
293 Posts
Nightro191, good advice from Micidymac, do the math to determine the cost of the services vs. what they want for the plan, then negotiate.

There are some required services, such as valve adjustments which can be costly due to the labor involved. You need to find out if the maintenance plan covers that service or not.

Ideally, they should be able to provide you, in writing, what is covered under the maintenance plan.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The extended polaris warranty is a good idea given your description. I will suggest that your dealer plays a large roll when it comes to getting repair approvals....... literally.

Dealer profit margin on warranty repair, parts and labor are considerably less than the standard shop rate. Needless to say some prefer you pay out of pocket as opposed to processing warranty.
Just a word of advise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts