Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a new 2109 XP 1000 Dynamix Edition and am getting ready to install a new winch, the factory winch diagrams have it going to the accessory bus on the front wall. From the battery to a distribution post up on the left front wheel well is a power cable (Part # 4017146 ) that is apparently fused where there is a rubber piece that says "GEP". Then from the distribution post to the front buss bar is a shorter cable (Part # 4017147 ) that also has a fused area molded in rubber that also says "GEP".

Does anyone know what the main feed 4017146 is fused at?
And also how about the shorter feed 4017147 is fused at?

I assume that its got to be more than 200 Amps as the factory winch should pull close to that at full load.

The winch I am installing should max out at around 180 amps and I plan on installing 200 amp circuit breaker under "the hood" but trying to figure out what the main harness is fused at. The way these are molded in rubber it looks like if it blows you need to replace the whole cable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It would appear that 4017147 is 200A on one of the parts diagrams, but still no luck on the main cable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured out that the cable 4017146 is fused at 300 Amps, apparently it is molded in the rubber opposite of the GEP logo, had to pull the center console cover to get to it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Figured out that the cable 4017146 is fused at 300 Amps, apparently it is molded in the rubber opposite of the GEP logo, had to pull the center console cover to get to it.

That. Polaris calls it, as I recall, a fusable link. I've not pulled my console cover to get to it, but I'm assuming I could cut the link and get some other kind of fuse in there. Otheirwise I think that's a $100 cable to replace.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the cable is closer to $160, the molded link is waterproof which is important because of where it is located and you want to avoid any chances of corrosion issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts