Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase a new rzr XP this week and I was looking for a white one but couldn't find it. I have decided to buy a red one and change the plastic to white and was wondering if the white maier plastic looked good and if it will fit very well. Is there any other options other than maier?

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I think maier would look sick.!! I wanted to do one in the white carbon fiber look.... Think that would be awesome. I haven't owned them so no idea on the fit. I did have a friend with a maier scoop hood that looked and fit good.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought black Maier plastics for my XP, they fit like crap. It took a lot to make them look good.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Buy the paintable plastic paint it or hydro dip it and sell yours. Maier makes cool stuf but you really have to spend the time to get the fit right.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I bought Maier plastics for my 08 (3 yrs ago) and they're just fine. Absolutely no problems with fit. Put'em on and good to go. :)
Ken

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I just bought the front fenders so what did you do about the front cage mounting points? The Polaris plastic sticks up a couple inches where the Maier does not and the roll cage is not tubular below where they connect - pool noodle?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I just bought the front fenders so what did you do about the front cage mounting points? The Polaris plastic sticks up a couple inches where the Maier does not and the roll cage is not tubular below where they connect - pool noodle?
Well I don't really remember if that was a problem. I was a bit disappointed that the plastic did not extended like the OEM did but don't think it caused any bolt up problem. I have to look at that again to see if there was an issue.
Ken

·
Registered
578 Posts
X! Whatever on the quality and fit of the Maier plastics. It will work but fit and finish is crap if stuff like that bothers you.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I decided to pass on buying a red xp and changing the plastic, sounds like a lot of trouble and it still might look like crap. I purchased a new 12 voodoo blue xp. Thanks for all the input it helped me out a lot!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well I don't really remember if that was a problem. I was a bit disappointed that the plastic did not extended like the OEM did but don't think it caused any bolt up problem. I have to look at that again to see if there was an issue.
Ken
No don't think it will interfere, just show off how ugly the cage pillars are. Trying to figure out what to hide them with

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought black Maier plastics for my XP, they fit like crap. It took a lot to make them look good.
X10 on the comments on Maier plastics.

I made the mistake of buying them once for an old quad that I rolled. I will never buy them again. Fit and finish are horrible.

Factory plastics are 100X better, but the LE stuff is prohibitively expensive.

OEM Parts and OEM Motorcycle Parts for Dirt Bikes, ATVs and UTVs | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Paint and or graphics kits would be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I went with the TPO's and had them painted and am very happy with em.

Cheaper than the factory painted plastic. Plus you can pick any color and or graphics you choose.

Another option is hydro dip the plastics. Had my hood done in carbon fiber and looks great.

Too late for the OP though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts