Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This fall/winter I'm going to have my RZR painted, and I'm thinking about ordering a new set of plastics to start with. I know factory Polaris parts sure aren't cheap (but I haven't priced the fenders yet), so I was looking at the Maier replacement fenders instead. They look to be the same shape/design of the Polaris ones, unlike the Fullbore plastics (which damn expensive).

Here is the Maier front/nose piece:

The front fender is $275, and the rears are $169, and free shipping from RMATV on anything over $100. Plus they always have 10% off coupons floating around.

So does anybody have any experience with them? How is the fit and finish compared to the stock plastics? Like I said, I'm going to have them custom painted, so the color doesn't matter. I have heard a lot of guys on a Raptor forum that I'm on say to stay away from the maier fenders for the raptors...I guess they don't fit very well. If that is the case with the RZR plastics, I would rather just go with the factory set or just have my current ones painted. Anybody?

thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
270 Posts
I did the silver Maier plastics a while back. Everything fit perfect. I was a little worried about it myself, but everything fit as good as factory. Easy install and it made a huge difference in mine compared to the stock Green.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did the silver Maier plastics a while back. Everything fit perfect. I was a little worried about it myself, but everything fit as good as factory. Easy install and it made a huge difference in mine compared to the stock Green.

Thats good to hear, thank you. The silver plastics look great on yours. Are the Maiers as thick as the factory polaris fenders? And are those painted or is the plastic just silver colored?

Anybody else have any experience with these?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i put a set of white carben fiber on my 2010 they fit great & are a little thicker than stock. the only thing i found was thet the coller around the frount rollbar post was a little lower & there is a pre-cut hole for a switch i think the older models had this for the rear backup/work lights great product

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thats good to hear, thank you. The silver plastics look great on yours. Are the Maiers as thick as the factory polaris fenders? And are those painted or is the plastic just silver colored?
Thank you. Yes they are as thick as factory maybe even a little thicker. They are not painted. They are molded with the color.

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
the carbon fiber is layed on and can scratch but the rest the color is in the plastic i have my quads all in their stuff and the rzr has their hood and roof... nice and real shiny.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.