Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This coming weekend we'll be taking the S out for it's maiden voyage. The best part is it will be raining in Ocotillo for three days this week and then be sunny for the weekend. The dirt is going to be awsome with little to no dust at all. Film at 11......................

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went to Ocotillo this weekend. Dirt was good from the rains this past week. The sand washes were still muddy in areas and there were puddles (and small lakes) everywhere.

So some of the things I learned from our first weekend riding the RZR S;

1) Mud sucks and is hard to get out of all the nooks and crannies.
2) I need to get a mirror.
3) I think the rear shocks need more dampening.
4) It handled the whoops pretty good. I was actually a little surprised.
5) I only used my quad to lead people in and out of our spot and to look for dogs running amuck.
6) Night rides were a blast (55watt 5K HID kit).
7) In low and AWD it will climb a tree.
8) I wish I could switch between low and high without stopping.
9) It was great fun. Should have bought one sooner I guess.
10) My 26 YO daughter is a great co-driver. With her driving I found myself trying to steer with the T bar grip on the passenger side :).
11) Wife loves it.

Getting a mirror before the next ride. Wish list is revalved rears and the progressive springs from Steve. Maybe some seats.

If I don't ride in one with seats and springs, I may be OK for now. House is going to eat a bunch of cash for awhile so I have to lay low on the RZR mods.

·
Registered
656 Posts
you just buy that new seat and wrap it all up and put a big bow on it and say I LOVE YOU this is for you hun.

·
Road - Dirt - Water
205 Posts
Buy yourself some Dragonfire 4-Point harnesses .... take it from us .. them stock belts will put some crazy bruises on you. Buy 2" if gals are driving and riding as they 3's rub their neck and make them put on shirts .. bummer.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buy yourself some Dragonfire 4-Point harnesses .... take it from us .. them stock belts will put some crazy bruises on you. Buy 2" if gals are driving and riding as they 3's rub their neck and make them put on shirts .. bummer.
We have 3" 5 points with pads so I'm good with or without shirts!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts