Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know a lot of guys here use these. I am looking at their utv combo kit (not the wheel bonnets) and am on the fence about ordering. No doubt they are good quality and I like the wrap around design but are they really worth the ultra premium price for a set of tie downs?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Ok I know a lot of guys here use these. I am looking at their utv combo kit (not the wheel bonnets) and am on the fence about ordering. No doubt they are good quality and I like the wrap around design but are they really worth the ultra premium price for a set of tie downs?
Absolutely. After owning a set of macs all my other straps are garbage. Never have to fight the mac ones.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean fight them? I saw that they have some kind of quick release but no explanation really.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just look up auto hauler straps, many sites and you can get the same thing cheaper. I like lasso straps, there very handy. You can go around the tire, or thru the wheel or around the frame. Usually around $10 each plus what ever style ratchet, like hook, or flat hook.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have the wheel net set and love them for my set up. I'm strapped down in a minute or two with no worries. They are definitely heavy duty. You could probably get a setup made for trucks or jeeps for a little cheaper. But since these are pretty much tailored to the sxs community, the price tag reflects that.

After years of putting on about 8 straps all over the machine, at all different angles, these nets were (to me) well worth the money. Also, never have to worry about a strap coming unhooked if you hit a bump in the road while traveling.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this exact set that I use in my toy hauler and flatbed trailer. I haven't seen other ratchet tie downs that compare in quality. It's also nice to allow the suspension to freely move while traveling so I'm not constantly tightening down the straps.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I went with Vulcan. Can get over the wheel or through the wheel tie downs. I went with through the wheel. Works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts