Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I work in a machine shop that is has been very slow the last couple of weeks. I like to propose to the owners some way to bring in work for the company would like to propose making some after market parts for us out there. I know it's very competitive out there but maybe it's something that well give both sides a benefit. If any good idea would help. If this is something that I could not post I am sorry but my job is on the line. If you have any idea that would be great.

·
Registered
108 Posts
At about 1300 Miles the Turbo clutch starts making a lot of noise, The problem is that the Spider was not manufactured with tight enough tolerances so the factory added a slider plate to make it quieter. That only lasts a few hundred miles until it makes more noise again even with about $175.00 worth of new sliders and slider plates. So manufacture spiders with clearances correct to stop the rattling noises and you could sell a ton of them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At about 1300 Miles the Turbo clutch starts making a lot of noise, The problem is that the Spider was not manufactured with tight enough tolerances so the factory added a slider plate to make it quieter. That only lasts a few hundred miles until it makes more noise again even with about $175.00 worth of new sliders and slider plates. So manufacture spiders with clearances correct to stop the rattling noises and you could sell a ton of them.
hey Jrhowe if you have a part number of the original part so I could look it up. and try and get some dimension from it that would be great. Also do you have an idea on how much tighter the dimension should be or how thick the slider plate is that you would be referring to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
ASM-SPIDER,HD,FORGED
item: 1323454
qty: 1 @

PLATE-SLIDER,DRIVE,HD
item: 5263528
qty: 3 @

SLIDER-DRIVE,HD
item: 5451564
qty: 3 @ $
Subtotal:

These are OEM part numbers, I do not have any of the drawings or specifications, I would guess the clearances should be 1/2 mm

on each side of each leg of the spider.

Any of the OEM sites have breakdowns of the clutch used on the 2017, 2018,2019 Polaris Turbo RZR, you would probably have to

buy each associated piece then reverse engineer it to see what is needed to do to make a better part, and you may need to obtain the

outer sheave in addition to the spider to see how it fits together and what angles have to be built in to accept the sliders.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks jrhowe I well see what we can do. ok I found the break down I see what I could do and if the owner is up for it. looking at prices and I now the need for this type of stuff. I do own a 2011 900 xp myself. so lets see.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would really like someone to make a nice HD 2:1 steering rack, Miller Racing makes a nice one for Yamaha's that is popular for racing/dunes but no 2:1 for a RZR yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What machines do you have? Any 5 axis or y axis lathes w live tooling? I run a very large machine shop might be able to farm some small stuff out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts