Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a good deal on a pair of LTR shocks on ebay. These shocks are 3/4" longer than stock. I wasn't sure if that would be a problem or not . The extra length was not a problem. As noted on this forum before, if
you have after market exhaust they are very close. I tried muffler tape but just wasn't happy. So I pulled the header pipe off and decied to have it shortened 1 1/2". I went to a couple of shops that were scared it was some weried material when in fact it just stainless steel. Just really thin and needs to be tig welded. By chance I walked into a machine shop, and these guys fool with bikes and buggys on the side. They said sure we can do it come back in 45 minutes. Came out great!
One of these days I'll get the new clutch in. New swing arm on its way.
I adjusted the pre load some and they feel great,nice ride. Here are some pics of the finished job.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shocks are off a Suzuki LTR450. Better ride and better handling. Just like changing shocks on a Jeep, Quad, or car. different shock gives different ride and different handling. Stock shocks on the 170 are a rough ride and stiff. I have Raptor 660 shocks on the front.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do you have to change anything when going to these shocks? Everything bolts up and no modifying parts to do? When you say "shortened by 1 1/2", do you mean in height? Thanks for any input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.