Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very interested in your setup - leaning towards the 33% reduction. My machine is 2017 xp1k, and in the few months of owning am missing a good low range. Any new options? Don't want to effect my high range, still love me some speed once and awhile lol. Your setups come with any instructions? sorry if I missed some of this in the thread.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
How much for the kit that reduces low by 47% and reduces high and reverse by 14%?
And, is it possible to do a kit that only reduces low? Price?
2017 XP 1000

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Very interested in your setup - leaning towards the 33% reduction. My machine is 2017 xp1k, and in the few months of owning am missing a good low range. Any new options? Don't want to effect my high range, still love me some speed once and awhile lol. Your setups come with any instructions? sorry if I missed some of this in the thread.
The only one that absolutely will not affect your high range is the 21% Low range only reduction. With the 33% Low range kits, you have an option of 12% reduced or 2% faster High range. Reverse will be reduced by 12% with either option. If you have any plans for larger than stock tires then I would recommend the 12% reduction in high, Even with just 30" tires you will have plenty of speed and keep some of the quick response that you have with the stock tires. Don't come with instructions, the general write up earlier in this thread is all I have done to date, there are some video's on you tube.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
How much for the kit that reduces low by 47% and reduces high and reverse by 14%?
And, is it possible to do a kit that only reduces low? Price?
2017 XP 1000
The 21% Low range only kit is the only one that does not affect High. PM on the way for prices.
Thanks for everyone's interest, Carl

·
Registered
207 Posts
The only one that absolutely will not affect your high range is the 21% Low range only reduction. With the 33% Low range kits, you have an option of 12% reduced or 2% faster High range. Reverse will be reduced by 12% with either option. If you have any plans for larger than stock tires then I would recommend the 12% reduction in high, Even with just 30" tires you will have plenty of speed and keep some of the quick response that you have with the stock tires. Don't come with instructions, the general write up earlier in this thread is all I have done to date, there are some video's on you tube.

Hmmm decisions now eh lol. I would lean towards the 33% low range and 2%high range increase. The reduction in low a plus for me also. Yeah I found a few videos of installs already since my first response - thanks. When you get a chance shoot me a pm with pricing. Though would probably be after the holidays since I just dropped $650 on accessories today.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I would love to but that is not an option on 14-15 models. 14-15 models only have Reverse shaft option available, (12 or 26%). That will lower all three ranges. However, If you can source a '16 or later secondary in good shape, (I can price you a new one or if you are more of a crawler, Duraclutch), and possibly re-calibrate your primary then I can put together a kit that will let you retain some of your High range speed while reducing Low range and Reverse. If any of this interests you let me know and I'll shoot you a price

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would love to but that is not an option on 14-15 models. 14-15 models only have Reverse shaft option available, (12 or 26%). That will lower all three ranges. However, If you can source a '16 or later secondary in good shape, (I can price you a new one or if you are more of a crawler, Duraclutch), and possibly re-calibrate your primary then I can put together a kit that will let you retain some of your High range speed while reducing Low range and Reverse. If any of this interests you let me know and I'll shoot you a price
OK. I didn't realize that. Thanks for the info. The lower only reduction does sound perfect for me though. I go between the glamis and and mountain and the rubicon. I would love the reduction for rubicon but keeping my high range for the dunes. I will keep your kit in mind if I decide to upgrade my secondary. Maybe when I decide to replace my transmission bearings.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Whats the model of the input shaft you sold me? Have a misalignment issue (to say the least)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just completed a 47% lower 14% reverse and 14% high gear reduction kit in my 2017 xp1000 4 seater. Anyone looking for gear reductions contact Carl at Rzrworks. Absolutely fantastic to work with and always available for help with questions. Definitely 5 stars in my book. Thank you sir.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where can I get my hands on this kit? Did you also do bearings or any other work while you had it open? I have a ‘14 XP4.
Thanks!

I just did this conversion. 12% reduction in high, 26% in low and reverse.
Upgraded my 14 to a 16 secondary shaft and reverse chain.
Did it over a few days. kind of intimidating, but if you stare at it long enough it makes sense.
took about 6 hours total after the trans was out.
Carl was very helpful over the phone with tricks and experience.

EDIT: Also to note these were all top quality pieces. I rented (free) a bearing puller from NAPA and used two PVC short pieces and a block of wood as a press.
One or two of the bearings needs that pitchfork splitter tool, or some other creativity to get off, as you cant get the jaws under them.

Everything went back together, no misalignment, worked like stock. It will be a few months before I can run it since im doing a motor swap. Plan is to run 32" tires and have a trail/crawler desert rig with occasional dune trips

21 - 38 of 38 Posts