Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 08 800 rzr that i just put a DGX2 full exaust on and it has aftermark air filter. It seemed to run fine after exaust was installed but after going on a couple rides....probably 60 miles total. It idles around 750-800 and dies when cold. After it warms up it seems a little better. Any help would be great.....thanks.
ps. I have a powercommander v that has not bin installed yet. would it help with this problem?......thanks

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I would fix the problem before adding another unknown to the equation.

Check fuel pressure, should be minimum of 39 lbs. engine off key on, idle, full throttle and anywhere in between. If that's OK, check your air filter and make sure your intake is not dusty or dirty. Has your intake to the throttle body been replaced with the 2009 on up? I believe there was a recall on the 08, but not sure. If you have dust or dirt in the intake you need to do a compression test and leak down test on the engine.

Mike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike. Fuel pressure is good and filter is clean. i was just thinking with the exaust and open filter that it may have the mixture all out of wack. it seems to be running a little rich. Not sure if intake has bn changed i just got it a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Make sure the hose clamps are tight on each side of the throttle body, intake manafold and airfilter box. If they are loose between the throttle body and intake manafold the fuel/air mix will be off. Is the TPS secure and hasn't came loose? Is the machine wanting to creep like the clutch is not releasing?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No its not trying to creep and i have checked all clamps. i will look into it more tomorrow and clean all sensors....thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realy need a stock filter box. it has a filter that looks like a k/n with outerwear with no box.
iIhave to clean it after every ride if its dusty out.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would fix the problem before adding another unknown to the equation.

Check fuel pressure, should be minimum of 39 lbs. engine off key on, idle, full throttle and anywhere in between. If that's OK, check your air filter and make sure your intake is not dusty or dirty. Has your intake to the throttle body been replaced with the 2009 on up? I believe there was a recall on the 08, but not sure. If you have dust or dirt in the intake you need to do a compression test and leak down test on the engine.

Mike

Try adjusting idle speed. Pull seats & engine access cover. Find rubber covered throttle cable adjuster approximately midway behind seats on throttle cable. Peel back rubber & reset idle to 1200 - 1300 rpm. Adding intake & exhaust mods you've changed idle mix so you need to readjust.
Da Blue Toad :redrzr:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
My buddy had same problem on the same ride and we pulled all the intake a part and found that all the intake was dirty (after market air filter) cleaned it up real good with mass air flow sensor cleaner and good as new. He has now gone back to a stock air filter and no problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Pretty sure the idle is controlled by the computer and the adjuster on the cable is just for adjusting the slack. Dont think you are not suppose to set idle with it.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The idle is controlled by the TPS position. Adjusting the throttle cable linkage will change the TPS position but that is not the correct way to do it. Does it run ok and just doesn't idle? It is mentioned that there is no airbox just a filter. That is reason for consern. How is the filter conected the in throttle body? Where is the filter located? If it is located at the factory location it has to take a beating from debris thrown up from the tire. The BAP sensor should be cleaned with MAP sensor cleaner only. The throttle body need to be real clean. Any dirt in the throttle body will throw off the airflow and possibly the TPS setting. The filter concerns me and maybe a compression check need done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the help guys. I think the bap sensor is the problem. And yes the filter is in stock location and thats not good. I just got it a couple weeks ago and trying to fix a few things to make it better. The guy I got it from says he has the stock air box so lm waiting for him to bring it to me. Its a 08 and I have read that those year box are not very good. Should I be looking for a newer one?......thanks again for all the help

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks for all the help guys. I think the bap sensor is the problem. And yes the filter is in stock location and thats not good. I just got it a couple weeks ago and trying to fix a few things to make it better. The guy I got it from says he has the stock air box so lm waiting for him to bring it to me. Its a 08 and I have read that those year box are not very good. Should I be looking for a newer one?......thanks again for all the help
The box is the same. The newer (09+) have a 3 clip cover. Get one of those, they are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
if it had dirt in the intake i would check the compression. if a k&n is not maintained it will allow a ton of dirt in the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts