Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some say at all speeds lower than 11mph. I have noticed myself at speeds lower than 11mph in high gear trail/light mud riding the belt will get extremely hot and slip. Their is less heat and wear in you use low gear in situations that require less than 11mph and the belt wont slip, kinda a pain in the butt, its just part of rzr ownership.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
Some say at all speeds lower than 11mph. I have noticed myself at speeds lower than 11mph in high gear trail/light mud riding the belt will get extremely hot and slip. Their is less heat and wear in you use low gear in situations that require less than 11mph and the belt wont slip, kinda a pain in the butt, its just part of rzr ownership.
Only when climbing cause mine won't go 11 miles an hour :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm running larger tires, so i run mine in low majority of the time. I only put it in high when going fast like running down a gravel road or sand bar..

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'm running larger tires, so i run mine in low majority of the time. I only put it in high when going fast like running down a gravel road or sand bar..
x2 on the larger tires and mostly mud riding so LOw get's used the majority of my ride.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I use it when I'm coming off pretty good hills , feathering the gas to keep the clutch from freewheeling in low seems to help save on brakes too .

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs .

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm paranoid and as per the manual any speed under 10mph.My friends who follow behind me bitch all the time when after a rock crawl or technical section I stop and put it in high.Oh well........sucks to be them on a quad cause i'm on a RZR.:rzrs:

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Out on the trail I'll leave my RZR in low gear up to 15 mph. If the trail comes to an open spot that I can run, I'll shift to high. But I spend a lot of time in low, helps save the belt and keeps the RPMs in the range where the power is.

Pirate

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
90% time I run low. Most trails around here are slow speed. If I come up on a section that's wider and flat ill switch to high.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
I run in high 80% and low 20%. The only time I use low is to rock climb. I prefer high 10 mpg +

Drew

Once again I'm on my phone instead of riding!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is a vid of low gear in use. I was on this hill for a total of 45min to bad GoPro doesn't do it justice as to how steep it really was

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Use always at speeds below 10, seems to run best at 7-8 going up inclines.

Always, always use when loading on trailer, driving over obstacles like curbs, or when starting out in any sort of a bind.

I use low to put myself in a better position to re-start in high for running at higher speeds, like having to come up a borrow ditch or cross lanes of a road on a curve, etc..

·
Bad Company
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Always, always use when loading on trailer, driving over obstacles like curbs, or when starting out in any sort of a bind.
I never have any problem doing any of that stuff in high, just seemed "overkill" to use low for something that it does effortlessly in high....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts