Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my rzr last Saturday....looking for a local place to ride ...

I am thinking about the Buckhorn canyon. Anybody been up there? How is it?

I found some websites with maps and stuff, but was wondering if anybody has recommendations.

Thx,
Dave.

·
The House Guy
100 Posts
Yeah, behind Horsetooth, then also Kelly Flats and other stuff up the poudre, moody hill, old flower road etc. If you likes dunes and trails, we have a group of people headed up to Walden next weekend for Labor Day. It is a BLAST! We could show you around?

Robert

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, behind Horsetooth, then also Kelly Flats and other stuff up the poudre, moody hill, old flower road etc. If you likes dunes and trails, we have a group of people headed up to Walden next weekend for Labor Day. It is a BLAST! We could show you around?

Robert
cool. for my first ride, I dont wanna climb mount Everest yet. :scared2:

I live pretty close to horsetooth....where is the access point? any links to maps etc? hoping to go Wednesday around noon.

I might be up for the Walden trip. when is the group going? all weekend, or a day trip?

·
Registered
303 Posts
take horsetooth road go left follow it around the back toward the camp area, there is a dirt road.......have fun.....very basic stuff.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
take horsetooth road go left follow it around the back toward the camp area, there is a dirt road.......have fun.....very basic stuff.
I ended up going to Crystal mountain road, out of Masonville. Road 513, I think. Fairly steep climb in the first part. Wife got kinda scared doing some rock crawling for our first ride, so we came back down, reloaded, and then went up to Road 100, across from the ranger station, farther up the canyon.

I think Sat I am going to give Storm mountain a shot, 2 miles out of Masonville. There is an access road there that opens for hunting season only. I checked it out today ... you have to drive through some private land for about 1.5 miles to the parking area. I did the access road in my 01 Subaru Forrester, so it should be OK to tow my RZR up there with my truck.
Looks like a nice area. Super close to where I live, like 15-20 minutes, so that sounds good.
Anybody been up this particular road? It hooks in with the Storm mountain trails out of Drake, which is a pretty big riding area. :ride:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts