Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my looney tuned duals on and I am attempting to tune the fuel controller. For those of you who have them what is a good starting point? I have it on the 4th setting at all 3 ranges now, but is smells very rich. I have the UMP Air Filter and I just don't want to get too lean. I know I should have an air fuel gauge maybe someday..... Thanks in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I know I should have an air fuel gauge maybe someday....
If you can't borrow or buy one, take it to a dyno shop. You can't really do a tune without some way of knowing what's actually going on.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I should have an air fuel gauge maybe someday....
If you can't borrow or buy one, take it to a dyno shop. You can't really do a tune without some way of knowing what's actually going on.
I have thought about this, there are no dyno shops around, I might have to check when I get to the Little Sahara and see what they can do on the dyno. Thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which head pipe did you drill into and mount the sensor? Does the Looney Tuned Controller alow for as much adjustment as say the power commander? The reason I have the looney tuned controller is I bought the exhaust used and the controller came with it.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
on my 08, i had the lte true duals and their programmer, it was spot on as it came!

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Which head pipe did you drill into and mount the sensor? Does the Looney Tuned Controller alow for as much adjustment as say the power commander? The reason I have the looney tuned controller is I bought the exhaust used and the controller came with it.
That's a good question as I have the PC3 and I can adjust the heck out of everything..The PC5 gives you one extra band (the 15) But with the PC3 I have the 0, 2, 5, 10,(no 15), 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 band with adjustments for each at every RPM starting at 250 RPMs all the way to 20,000RPMs in increments of every 250 RPMs (no more than 7,000 needed here)
Sorry for the Black & white..This is actually the PC3 mapping for the DFR Snorkeled air intake with Looney Tuned Duals.. I hadn't updated the name in the lower box yet as I was still adjusting and transferring the mapping..

There are also screens for comparing maps and graphs.. you can get into environment Options, You can actually trim/ map individual cylinders (ONLY ADVANCE USERS not something I will do, until I'm sitting on a Dyno), You can set the throttle Position (really nice feature) of course it has the three onboard buttons that allow for on the fly adjustments (I actually mean adjustment while not connected or using a PC not literally while driving) The modes let you in or decrease fuel... in different ranges as well. You can get into using Ignition maps.. There is so much that this thing can do, I just recommend reading ALL the instructions, talking to customer support (They were real helpful when I had to get a base line map for my set-up) you can go as far as adjusting the sensitivity of the % of fuel that is pumped per revolutions blah blah..it gets even Greek to me....
So no, I don't know what the difference is with the Looney Tuned Fuel Controller, But I can safely say that the PC3 and PC5 are both outstanding.. I was able to get my engine to Roar compared to what it was before adjusting the mapping and that was with just the change of the Air Box/snorkel/intake change... I did notice however, that when JUST The exhaust was changed the mapping didn't really have very many drastic changes as compared to stock (even though True duals were quite impressive on the difference) BUT when you have both a new Exhaust and intake over the stock..The numbers change drastically, and that tells me that unless you are lucky enough to find someone who has either published their mapping for your particular set up, or its already posted...Unless you get on a Dyno, Your just adding an expensive box and making some guesswork..will it help some...sure maybe?? But even 2 of the same RAZRs with the exact same setup could have small differences in mapping numbers to get it running perfectly.. I am in the ballpark..I got REAL lucky(as I have a popular setup) but, This car is going straight to a Dyno as soon as I can get it there.... Hope this helps

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like I might want to at least get an air fuel meter to see where I am, and perhaps a Power commander...

·
Force it
75 Posts
Anyone hear anything about the 2011 controllers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts