Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the deal guys. I have a spec-miata race car that I am looking to trade for a rzr's. Now I have a guy that has the seadoo that wants to trade me but I would really like to have an rzr. (Already have a boat and don't need more water toys)

Here is his description of the seadoo:

I paid $13,000 for the ski two summers ago. Current value would be between $8500-$9000. I just sold my 2003 GTX (185HP) for $5800 with 168 hours on it as a comparison. This ski (2007 RXT 215HP) only has 25 hours on the clock, which is practically brand new. The engine, drivetrain etc. is in absolutely mint condition. Exterior has a small amount of sun-fade on the front which should be easily restorable with a good buff & wax. Seat has some Sharpie "art" from my friend's six-year-old. Apart from that the ski is in almost showroom condition. Comes with a 2004 Performance trailer and new OEM cover.

Hey look at this way...both of these will out run an rzr everywhere but the dirt.

hopefully the pics will come thru...

If you have more interest pm me and we'll talk more...

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I really wasn't thinking about someone on here trading it was more about trading the seadoo so I could get the rzr. But I guess I could do that as well.

HERE IS THE COPY OF MY EBAY ADD!!!

This car was built by BSI racing to race the pro-spec miata. This was a tub up build by professional builders not built in somebodies back yard shop! I believe it was campained by Pat Sandlin. I bought it from Jim Drago at East Street Automotive when he took it in on a trade for a new 1999. The only reason I am selling the car is I bought another race car and don't need two cars. This car can run in spec-miata, showroom spec-miata, ITA regional class. Currently the car is set up to run showroom spec miata. The only changes is mazda comp exhaust, plugs & plug wires. You must also run the stock air box. I have both set-up that are legal for SM as well. The SM setup is BSI exhaust, cone filter, cold air intake.

I do have this car listed locally and nationally so I reserve the option to end the auction early. I would also be interested in trading for a Polaris RZR S. If you think there is a difference in value we can discuss extra cash too.

The car is only local pick-up in the Memphis, TN area.

Car Build list:

1990 miata

SCCA spec-miata legal suspension kit

Professionally built cage with nascar door bar

Helmet holder built into cage

Mesh window net (easy to see through)

NACA duct on drivers side

New Ultrashild road race seat

Safe Quip 6 point belts

Momo steering wheel w/quick release

Autometer Water temperature guage

Autometer Oil pressure guage

SCCA legal kill switch

wired door unlock (so you can unlock door from inside car)

adustable sway bars front and back

Stainless steel brake lines on all four corners

New windshield (not pitted like most other used spec miatas)

Fresh paint

no dents on the body panels

SCCA legal fuel test port

SCCA log book

SCCA seat back brace

New hawk brake pads

Transponder for timing

Long studs on all four corners

Tow hooks on front and back

wires pulls for fuel tank, trunk and hood

hood pins for hood

Aluminum racing radiator

Two sets of wheels 1 on the car and the extra set picture both sets are 13lbs

I am sure I am missing some other things on this car.

This car would be a great car to get and learn to drive fast. You could also use it in drivers schools as it is alot of fun and will keep up with much faster cars on a tight track.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea they are a blast to drive. Just wanted to switch to the spec racer ford in my avatar above. The open top is so cool. Where do you race? I am going to Barber Motorsports Park 1st weekend in sept. Now that is a fun place to run. It was like someone had a golf coarse and decided to put a race track in the middle of it.

Hey how about a spare car???

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
EESCC...thats a central Oregon club. I drive a highly modded WRX STi. Just about every bolt on you can think of. We are a bit apart but I would love to take that beast for a drive. Is it street legal?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yea I guess one could call it street legal but it is gutted and has full cage. Check out the ebay add and you can see a few more pics. It is a fun car to drive sepecially going into turn one at rd atlanta at 90 miles an hour surounded by about 50 other miatas.

did the Spec racer ford 25th anniversary race and we had around 80 cars going into turn one. yaahaw!!!!!

Or coming down the hill at about 105 and going through turn 12 rubbing fender to fender. Fun stuff!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is a fun car to drive sepecially going into turn one at rd atlanta at 90 miles an hour surounded by about 50 other miatas.
Hence the reason for the series nickname: Spec Pinata. :scared2:

Good luck with the sale/trade. Seriously, it's a great way to get into racing but being competitive has become way more expensive than it should be, unfortuantely.

Hopefully, over the winter I'll start working on turning a Nissan 200SX SE-R into a PT (NASA's IT) car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, It used to be alot worse. Not as bad now. The fastest growing class in SM is now SSM. (Showroom Stock Miata). It keeps us from having to buy $7000 pro motors & $30,000 SM's. And this car can run both SM with a pro motor or SSM with a sealed 114hp motor.

Good luck with your car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.