Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a really solid group going for a few years but the past year or two has kinda led to the group disbanding a bit. Some people just had a new baby, others lost work or moved and so on...

Anyway, I would like to meet up with some cool people to make the trips out to the dunes that much better. Our group is/was mostly quads but many of us are now transitioning to SXS's. It would be great to get some new people together that have XP's, or really any SXS. My wife and I love Glamis..we go as many weekends as possible during the winters. Sometimes three times a month but usually at least once or twice a month.

We usually camp at or near wash 6 (but we might try camping at Gecko a few times this year) and we love to hit Olds so my wife can race the boys on her (my old) quad and then we usually go from there to Hill 5, the sand drags, the flag pole or wherever people feel like going. We move at a good clip, so we would like to meet people who keep a fast pace as well.

That said newbs or slightly slower people are welcome too, part of the fun sometimes is helping people that are new progress and get faster. Right now we are down to a core group that includes me in my XP, my wife on her quad, my buddy with his Buckshot rail, my other buddy with his XP and then the rest of the group is hit and miss...and have a mix of quads and XP's.

I have a few pics up in my profile albums...so let me know if you need a group to latch onto. No moochers or people that disrespect the dunes by tossing trash all over the place. Also, if you are or have a wife/girlfriend that can ride a quad and ride well, that would be so awesome because my wife needs a good riding buddy. :pint::pint::pint:

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
I plan to go out to Glamis a few times this year. I tend to not go as much because I also ride out at Octotillo, Barstow, Parker and local Mountains. I know there are a bunch of guys on here that ride almost every weekend out in Glamis. Look under the glamis rides section and you can always find a good group goin out that weekend. Im stoked because this coming year I have presidents day off and I may have the weekend after Christmas off too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My wife and I will be going to Glamis often this winter. Probably once to twice a month. We've always camped at Gecko but would love to check out the washes, just never been before. We have a 2011 Rzr XP and drive at a very fast pace, we'll lead or follow and prefer the faster speeds!! ;)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Most of the folks that we go with would rather do the short rides close to camp. I enjoy doing the longer rides, taking food and drinks along and having lunch out in the dunes.

I'm also looking to get a good group together that has the same interests.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Shawn,

We are a big group when everyone gets together. But its a 50-50 sometimes. We will be going out this weekend to Glamis(Test and Tune). There should be about 3xp's and 1 800. Thats it for this weekend coming up. Other then that, we are always looking fw to meeting new people and going for rides. We are a fast group. Well thats what we like to call it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I usually go once a month with our group but would like to meet other people to ride with also. I just bought a XP4 and my son rides his quad and can keep up on any ride. We camp in wash 9 next to the little dunes. this will be the first trip on the XP4. cant wait first trip is oct 26-27-28 then again nov 9-10-11 maybe we can meet up for a ride. Mike

·
Registered
296 Posts
im looking forward to going oct 20th to glamis! this 2012 xp has been in my toyhauler now for a few months and we still only have 5 miles on it!! just hope it starts come trip time!!lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im looking for people to ride with too. It will be me and wifes first time to Glamis. Would like to meet up with everyone and anyone. We are here in Yuma. Looking for long or short rides. We just did dripping springs trail in the foothills here...Crazy difficult trail but fun!:ride:

·
Registered
126 Posts
We go out two to three times a month. Thanksgiving we stay for 4 days and we spend Xmass and New Year’s out there. We have a rzr and a few quads. Love to ride both day and night!! A good ride for us is from wash 10 (usually where we are) to china wall then to the flag pole. Depending on the time of day we will hit the sand drags and then shoot across to olds than back to wash 10. We eat our lunch out in the dunes
On holidays we go in much farther. We can party hard but don’t like being up close where you’re packed in very tight and the patrols come into your camp.
Just email us if you want to ride. 1st trip for us is 10-26 weekend.
As for riding I like the more technical rides over speed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The group we have been going with for the past few years has dwindled as well, we usually camp at Gecko, and we have a few XP's, rail, a few quads and a couple of motorcycles. In the past we did a lot of weekend trips, but now we try and go about once a month for a week when we can.

We usually go on or near big weekends and ride at whatever pace the people we ride with enjoy. We consist of a few families and close friends that love to ride and camp.

I will post the weekends we are planning on going for anyone who would like to camp/ride with us.

·
Registered
578 Posts
If you are willing to expand to Dumont, Pismo or Oregon dunes we welcome you with open arms 25 families strong, All in xps & 800

·
Registered
141 Posts
We are new & would love to go to Glamis sometime, we have been to Pismo twice ,Colorado river Blythe area a few times so far, the Wife is a little hesitant about the holidays there due to the horror stories we hear. I will have to pay attention to this thread. This is the reason we get on this site.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sounds good. I have two boys 8 and 10 that love going on long fast rides. And also ride there 90 quads around camp. I also have a 05 TRX450R that I don't get to ride in the dunes too often do to the fact the wifey prefers to be the passenger in the XP4 so it's just not feasible to ride while out with the family... (And the XP4 isn't to shabby to ride)
I have a good group but also 50/50 or less on consistency. And they hang out at camp a wee bit much for my taste.
I enjoy long fast rides just like you all seem to enjoy as well.
My name is Jim and love to meet up some time. We live in La Quinta which is only about 1:45 away from Glamis but I don't think it's a good idea to head out without a group for obvious safety reasons and fun factor so I rarely head out solo so to speak...we typically ride in either Ocotillo or KAO north because its so much closer and feels safer if I'm solo.

I'm down.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks Chips for starting this thread! We're getting some like minded Duners responding!

I'll definitely message you guys when I'm planning trips to Dumont / Glamis. On that note, there is a huge group of us heading to Glamis for the weekend before Halloween 25-28th. We'll be in the washes. We have a mix of everything from raced out quads, to Rzr's to Rails. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is great. Really hope took hook up with you guys! I have two 450r's, one with some racers edge engine work that my wife took over from me and the other is a spare/loaner. I am getting some LED additions to my XP, so I am looking forward to some night riding for sure. This pic below is our basic crew minus my other buddy and his XP: :pint::pint::pint:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Would love to pick like you have FatboyM in my rzr4. That looks like a flight i would love to take. Cheap air fair...lol How was the landing?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My name is Jeff and I have been to Glamis on and off for 25yrs. I live in Chicago and bring everything out the first trip then fly back and forth till Easter. Long fast pace rides is my preference but don't have a problem with slower rides. Some trips by myself other trips my 11yr old son or multiple others can be with me. I have a xp and xp4. My son rides his 90 around camp. Looking for new people to hang with.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts