Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im selling my 09 teryx and looking at the RZR 4 or Can Am? How reliable are the RZR4's? What kind of problems have you had with your polaris'? Anyone selling in Southern California area? Thx

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Do you need the additional seating is why you are looking at the rzr4? Can Am does not make a true 4 seater.......only Kawasaki does in the slow ass mule....

My rzr's have treated me well and really don't have any complaints!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you need the additional seating is why you are looking at the rzr4? Can Am does not make a true 4 seater.......only Kawasaki does in the slow ass mule....

I don't really need to have the additional seating, but like to have it available for family and friends when we all go out. I currently have an 09 teryx 4 seater and may sell it this thurs for 12,500, but not sure if i should let it go yet. I just want to know if there are any big problems with the rzr4's. Have you had any problems with it? I just saw a guy post that his 2011 stop running after 60miles. He said some code came on and it won't start.

H

·
0 Posts

I don't really need to have the additional seating, but like to have it available for family and friends when we all go out. I currently have an 09 teryx 4 seater and may sell it this thurs for 12,500, but not sure if i should let it go yet. I just want to know if there are any big problems with the rzr4's. Have you had any problems with it? I just saw a guy post that his 2011 stop running after 60miles. He said some code came on and it won't start.

No problems with mine...the 4 is just as reliable as the RZR S...pretty damn reliable IMO.
Where did you see this post? If it is throwing a code it should be prey easy to troubleshoot..9 out of 10 times on these machines hrowing a code and not starting isn't something tha just happens for no reason..

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place.

More important than having 4 seats is the placement of the 4 seats (none over the rear wheels) and the longer wheel base.

The ride in the RZR 4 is great right out of the box.

As for problems, you probably realize that Internet forums are one the first places most peeps go when they have an issue with a product - whether it be a RZR, Rhino, Teryx or full blown, high dollar car. Rarely will you find a post that says something to the effect,"I went for a ride today. It was great. Nothing broke....etc."

To that end, I'll say that my RZR 4 has been a blast from day one. The only problem I have is finding enough free time to go riding.

Oh wait, one other...I need a bigger fuel station on my toyhauler because the RZR runs almost from sun up to sun down when we do go out! :scared2:

·
One Man Wolf Pack
633 Posts
This is good input. Can anyone speak to the problem that used to plague the 08 rzr's with that heat sink and not being able to run too many electrical items without losing power?

When I had the radio/amp/HID's and Whip on it would shut down/slow WAY down. Is that still an issue with the newer RZR's?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
This is good input. Can anyone speak to the problem that used to plague the 08 rzr's with that heat sink and not being able to run too many electrical items without losing power?

When I had the radio/amp/HID's and Whip on it would shut down/slow WAY down. Is that still an issue with the newer RZR's?
They've relocated the voltage regulator to the front for better cooling. You can buy a harness to retrofit older models. :)

H

·
0 Posts

Yeah the heat biuld up on the regulator isn't as bad..but remeber the stator is rated at 500W...only so much aftermarket stuff that you can add before it is going to be an issue...HID..no problems..they only pull a little more when striking. The radio,no biggie..but an Amplifier...well that depends on how big the amp is and the quality of the Amp..some cheapo "100W amps will pull way more tha 100W...
In any case on ANY UTV on the market that you plan to add alot of electrical drain,such as a large speaker amp then you probably want to upgrade to at least a 2nd battery and keep them charged up or add an alternator kit or both JMO

·
Registered
140 Posts
I love my S4 too. I had the 08' when it first came out and it was a bit more responsive to driver input (steering and throttle) but the S4 has waaaaaay better suspension right out of the box. It could use a little more power in the loose dirt or sand, but its definetely more fun than any (naturally aspirated) Rhino, Ranger or Teryx for that matter. Don't plan on doing any crazy duning with big people in the back, they can go from point A to B with you in it, but it won't go very fast with full size adults in the back. It the only true 4 seater with factory Long Travel and a warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How does it dune with just 2 people?

I've driven and riden in 2 seaters. Some stock and some built. I was always impressed with the duning capabilities but the longer wheel base makes me wonder how it'll handle the razor backs and whoops...

·
Registered
140 Posts
How does it dune with just 2 people?

I've driven and riden in 2 seaters. Some stock and some built. I was always impressed with the duning capabilities but the longer wheel base makes me wonder how it'll handle the razor backs and whoops...
When you are driving the S4, it feels like a regular 2 seater. I was concerned about the longer wheelbase as well, but strangely enough, it doesn't drag because they come with alot better ground clearance than the std RZR. In the whoops is where you will notice the big difference. The longer wheelbase keeps the car straighter and it doesn't buck in the back nearly as much as the regular two seaters.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Im selling my 09 teryx and looking at the RZR 4 or Can Am? How reliable are the RZR4's? What kind of problems have you had with your polaris'? Anyone selling in Southern California area? Thx
take the 12500 and run !! You will love the rzr4. The ride is awesome. Very nice suspension! It performs as well if not better than my rzrs imho

·
Registered
494 Posts
take the 12500 and run !! You will love the rzr4. The ride is awesome. Very nice suspension! It performs as well if not better than my rzrs imho

x2 Oregon Dunes a few weeks ago:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks CMC! :)

Looking forward to a purchase but will probably have to wait until next dune season. Kids, braces, school, sucks... LOL. Can you believe $12k for 2 kids braces...? WOW, I'm in the wrong business.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts