Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to upgrade from stock to Twisted Stitch seats in my 2012 RZR 800 S

The 3 models I'm looking at: Excel 2.0, Vortex 4.0, Aggressor-X.

What I'd like that my stock seats don't have:
- More comfort for longer riding.
- More support to hold me in a little tighter.
- A little more lean back in the seat, not so straight up and down (if possible).

I have 2" Pro Armor 4 point harnesses already. I have the Pro Armor doors and at times I do like to ride with my left arm resting on the door - not sure if the Excel would make it uncomfortable to ride like this... I'm 5'6" so not having enough leg room is never a problem for me :) I've scooted my stock seat up a bit as I like having the steering wheel in my lap.

I really like the look of the Excel 2.0 but wonder if they are specifically for racing or if they are pretty good for typical trail riding.

I think I want a seat where the belts go through them but I've not actually sat in a seat like that so I'm not 100% the pros/cons of that style seat. I like the idea that they will hold your belts in place better and you in the seat tighter.

My passenger is typically my soon to be 6 year old daughter, so I guess I need to take that into account on getting the same style seat as mine or a different one.

If you have any of the 3 seats I'm considering I'd love to hear your thoughts on your own personal experience of Pros/Cons.

If you sell them, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the different styles in what to look for and your best pricing :)

Any helpful information is greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
You could always try the Pro Armor Sniper xl seat. Since you already have the belts. LOL Good containment and a little more lean than stock

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
i have the ts revolvers,and 5pts, not what you are looking for but in general you might want to take into account the height of your torso vs the position the straps come through the back of the seat, the sides won't matter but you don't want your straps through the seat, up over you, then back down to latch, a shorter person would have no issue sitting in a taller person's seat but the other way around isn't good.

you can expect good quality from ts.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 5'6 with good shoes on :) so being too tall for a seat should never be an issue

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I watched your video 4 times to narrow it down to the 3 options I posted. I wish you guys were closer so I could come in and sit in them. That's my biggest problem, I have no one around here that has any in stock because if I could sit in them, I would know. So I thought I'd reach out here to get feedback from people that have them.

·
Vendor
22,254 Posts
- more comfort for longer riding.
- more support to hold me in a little tighter.
- a little more lean back in the seat, not so straight up and down (if possible).

any of them are better than stock as far as comfort.

The most containment will be the excel, we ran them in our 2011 rzr-s and was very happy with them. We have a few office chairs with them and sit in them 10 hours a day with no complaints. If youre a little wider in the hip area 38"+ it will be a little squeeze, but nothing major uncomfortable.

The twisted stitch seat frames for the rzr are specifically designed for that, a polaris rzr, they are not the standard generic frame that other companies use to and just weld strap on to the bottom with those mounting holes.

If youre wanting a little different recline, more of a laid back, i would suggest the standard rzr frame with the seat lowering base as it will recline the seat about 3/4 or so in the back to get a little bit more recline.

Based off your wants/needs i think the excel would be an excellent choice for you, followed by the vortex or the aggressor.

The aggressor x, vortex and excel all have the open cut outs for the harnesses to pass through the shoulder part of the seat, so taking them in and out shouldnt be an issue.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any down side to a seat with the side cuts for the belts as opposed to the seats where the belts lay over top or through a slit?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey Mike, this is how i described my Excel 2.0 seats to a member. Seats r great ! Remember there containment seats, which I was looking for. They REALLY keep u from moving around. No more hitting knee on left door ! I have 3" PA belts which r very comfortable. Biggest problem is getting seats out. Bit of pain, undoing belts to get seat out. Really just takes bout 10 mins but still a pain. I don't know ur size but I'm 5'11" 36-38" waste 210 lbs. I fit snug ! Also there HOT in warm weather! No air can pass around ur back area. Ur a** & back will sweat ! Ha I got a good deal on these. We bought for a customer wife was to big to fit so I put in our demo RZR ! Ordered from UTV INC. if u have anymore questions just pm me ! Eddie
I also have a post w/ pics here named Excel 2.0 seats.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got it narrowed down to the Aggressor X and the Excel 2.0

I see the Aggressor X has the same option for the large belt holes in the head rest - do you have the same option of the large belt holes in the side rest by your thighs for the Aggressor X like you do the Excel?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, it makes taking 3" belts out ezr. Holes in top r little tight but belt does come out.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Aggressor X (from what I can find of pictures and videos) seems to be just a little less restrictive than the Excel 2.0 but still hold you in pretty good. I think that's why I'm leaning towards the Aggressor X over the Excel 2.0 - plus you made a good point about the Excel 2.0 being a little hotter.

I'd like to be able to move around a little / be able to hang my arm out the door or turn a little to see around me. I'm 5'6 and wear a 35 pant, so I don't think I'd be too wide for either seat or be too uncomfortable.

I want a seat with the large seat belt holes just to make it easier to take them out. I can undo them at the top where they go around the bar behind teh seat and pull them through the D holes in the seats. I like the idea of the seats holding the belts in place and another reason I want to upgrade seats so the belts go through the top and sides of the seats.

I see you can get the bigger D holes in the top of the Aggressor X seat but can you get the bigger holes in the sides of them (like you can with the Excel 2.0)? I guess it's not a deal breaker if the sides only have the thin slits for the belts to go through, just seems easier to take the belts through / keep clean if the holes are the big D shaped. (no pun intended.)

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to UTV Inc for a post they made with pictures:

Seat looks like it's a step down from the Excel 2.0 for confinement but still has some good support. It has the big D holes in the top but has the thin slits in the sides for your belts. Wasn't sure if having the bigger holes in the sides were an option for the Aggressor X

·
Vendor
22,254 Posts
Mike...

Let me correct you, but dont want to step on your toes.

1) The Aggressor-X is the large cut outs up top, thats what makes it the X
2) The standard aggressor has the slits up top.

Thats the differences in those two.

You cannot get the large openings in the aggressor because theres not enough room.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm sorry, when I talk about the Aggressor, I mean the Aggressor-X

The Aggressor-X has the large cut outs up top, but can you also get the large cutouts in the sides?

It looks like in the picture I posted that it has the Large cutouts in the top, but the slits in the sides. Wasnt sure if the sides had an option.

·
Vendor
22,254 Posts
The Aggressor-X comes standard with the VORTEX style headrests.

The ONLY way you can get the large cutouts in the side is by going with the EXCEL.

Confusing huh?

·
Registered
214 Posts
U can also put bottom belt over seat. I can mover around in my seats but have to loosen belts up. Then snug down for hard/fast riding. U will have more wiggle room w aggressors seats.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Aggressor-X comes standard with the VORTEX style headrests.

The ONLY way you can get the large cutouts in the side is by going with the EXCEL.

Confusing huh?
hahahahaha No I'm just a little slow when I don't have visuals to look at :) Thank you for breaking it down, I understand the options now and appreciate you working with me here :D

So would you say the Aggressor-X is the step down from the Excel 2.0 when it comes to confinement?

And on a side note - does TS offer custom embroidery... if I wanted my company logo in the seat, would they do that or do they only have some stitching options for designs in the seat?

·
Vendor
22,254 Posts
The AG-X will have significant less shoulder confinement and a decent amount of kidney, hip and thigh confinement, but its about 2 steps down from the Excel.

Really, nothing compares to the Excel, its basically a race seat for the standard UTV as far as confinement is concerned.

We do embroider anything you want (to an extent) in the seats.

They have a few stitching options as well:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts