Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Looking for Feedback on our Desertcraft CVT "Blaster"

6K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  dmcmark 
#1 · (Edited)
We introduced our CVT "Blasters" in 2016 when the XPT (Turbo) hit the market, we were the first to test and see the huge advantages of adding independent, additional volume of cooling air to the CVT drive system. We have quite a few of our CVT Blasters out in the market now, but the only real feedback we get is from customers that contact us directly to discuss their results or inquire about other products.

We would like more feedback from forum members about their real world experience using our CVT "Blaster". Where it shines, where it could be improved etc.. Don't be shy, if there is something you don't like about the product or our customer service we want to hear from you!

For those who are wondering, we have the CVT "Blaster" available for the new cover design found on the Turbo S and 2019 standard Turbo.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have the Blaster installed on my 16 Turbo. Easy to install as long as you are very careful cutting the hole and installing the fan in the cover. Not much room for mistakes. It works perfectly and keeps the belt temps down which I monitor with a RazorBack gauge. Typical temperatures are in the 160’s running in the Oregon Dunes. I haven’t lost a belt yet in over 2k miles of sand riding. My only negative would be the whine the fan makes. It’s minor and let’s me know it’s working. Easy to clean too.

#8 ·
We were going to go the plug route, but we felt that many would not have the correct crimping and removal tools for working with the weather pac type connectors. Our thought was that Bullet connectors are easier to get, replace and work with.
Regards,

#4 ·
I have the CVT quick draw.

Somewhat along the lines that Jim09 mentioned, careful placement of the fan before cutting the hole. Mine is very close to blocking one of the cover screws. My fault in a way. Should have clocked it just a few degrees. Measure 3 times, cut once.

Also to echo what Toby said. I added weather pac connectors to mine so I can disconnect if I need too pull the cover.

Very happy with the results. I run mine switched so I can turn it on & off as needed. Belt has always stayed nice and cool.

#5 ·
My set up is a little different. I have the MTNTK Blowhole and the Blaster. The Blowhole was first to be installed. It works fine for low speed driving and cooling down the belt when at a stop.
I then had a friend buy the Desert Craft Blaster and I thought why not have another belt fan. I love the Blaster and I have it on an on off switch. I also have a Razorback belt temp gauge. I have been running this system for 2,000 miles from full throttle dunes to Moab rock crawling. Not one belt problem.
If I could only have one of the belt fans it would be the Blaster. It can cool the belt down faster at high and low speed then the Blowhole. One really nice benefit of the two fans is how clean my clutch stays by having so much air pushed through the clutch.
What would I change about the Blaster for me I love all of it.

Attachments

#9 ·
Our high velocity fan is pretty powerful and moves a ton of air. That being said we have set up racers and hardcore enthusiasts with a stacker set up essentially doubling the CFM. Pretty easy to do, just remove the 3" duct adapter from the original fan, mount the second fan on top of the first and put the duct adapter back in place. We keep assemblies in stock for doing it, so give us a shout!
Regards,

#12 ·
Just received some excellent feedback from Bikeman Performance using our "Blaster" on their 2019 turbo race car. Bikeman being know for getting great performance out of these machines, was a little skeptical. After testing and tuning they realized the huge improvement in managing belt temps with the "Blaster". Wishing them the best of luck on their racing season!
Regards,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.