Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy mom and dad new wheels and tires for the 2019 xp 4 Turbo for Christmas. I have been looking at Albas Baja Crusher beadlocks in a 15x10 and MSA's M21 in a 16x7. I am trying to get an idea as to what looks best, and is the 15x10 to wide or 16x7 to tall and narrow? Just trying to get some ideas as to what will make this look the best for him. I have googled, I have searched and I cant never seem to find any specifics as to what size wheel and tire people are using is in the pictures I find.
I plan on getting them a 30x10 tire also, but it just depends on the wheel I go with as to what tire i get for them too.
Sorry if this is a noob question, but i wanted to do something nice for my parents and their rzr this year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would go with the 15x7 and put on a 10" wide tire. This will save weight and also protect the wheel. I am also looking at the baja crushers along with 32x10 Maxxis Rampage for my xp4 turbo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I wasnt sure if the 7 would look to narrow with it only being a 15" rim, but I also did not think about the rim protection from using a 7 wide rim and10 wide tire.
Also, adding to my original question, If I went from the original 29" size to a 31" or 32" tire am I going to notice and real issues? Like I said earlier, I am just doing this for my parents as they enjoy doing some light trail/ wood riding, but also enjoy road riding. I don't want to suck up too much power or rideability with going 2" taller. Also, is there any real downside of using a DOT tire such as a BFGoodrich or goodyear?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I wasnt sure if the 7 would look to narrow with it only being a 15" rim, but I also did not think about the rim protection from using a 7 wide rim and10 wide tire.
Also, adding to my original question, If I went from the original 29" size to a 31" or 32" tire am I going to notice and real issues? Like I said earlier, I am just doing this for my parents as they enjoy doing some light trail/ wood riding, but also enjoy road riding. I don't want to suck up too much power or rideability with going 2" taller. Also, is there any real downside of using a DOT tire such as a BFGoodrich or goodyear?
No real issues going up to 32". I am going 32" and have been told that I should not do anything to my clutch due to my style of driving which is trail mostly. Anytime you put more weight on the axles it will wear parts faster and open the machine up to more possible issues. That doesn't mean that it will happen but it is more prone to it. You will see a great debate on the clutch with 32" tires. My recommendation is to try and get as light of a tire as possible. I originally wanted to X-Comps but they are like 47 pounds each thus is why I am going with the Rampage which is like 37 pounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I decided on the Alba Baja Crushers in 15x7 with a 4+3 offset. I figured that would give him the look and stance that he likes, and buy a set of 31x10.50 BFG all terrains would do wonders for their road riding and light trail riding.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks. I decided on the Alba Baja Crushers in 15x7 with a 4+3 offset. I figured that would give him the look and stance that he likes, and buy a set of 31x10.50 BFG all terrains would do wonders for their road riding and light trail riding.
There is an article somewhere on shock therapy's website that talks about the issues you will face on the 4+3. I am going with 5+2. I dont have personal experience with this though.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
They are a great wheel. Look great, tough, and reasonably priced for a true three piece wheel. After seeing mine, my Son bought a set to put on his buggy. I got the 14x7 5/2.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts