Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm from southeastern Washington state and I just joined the XP family! I looked long and hard between the Wildcat and the XP. I loved the look of the Wildcat and the idea of all that suspension, but after finally driving them back to back last weekend, I decided there just wasn't any comparison!
The XP just felt more put together and simply felt better! Even my girlfriend felt it immediately!
So, I drove the 5 hours to Boise ID with an empty trailer and carried home a new 2012 Liquid Silver XP! I have a local Polaris dealer. But they couldn't come close to the deal Carl's Cycle in Boise gave me. $14999 with a 2 year warrantee, and all the accessories I wanted at cost (so they said).

I bought the hard plastic roof, black anodized doors, the plug-n-ride hard case, aluminum front bumper, Dually LED lights, mirror, and soft map case that mounts to the roof, and the half shield wind screen! Still looking for some cool door graphics that work with the factory body graphics!

Ive been out in it a couple times, mostly in ORV park whoop filled trails, and some small dunes, but I'm really looking forward to some mountain trail riding and big dunes! Planning a trip to Florence OR, and the surrounding areas on October 11. Can't wait! I also can't wait to learn all about the capabilities of the XP from all you experts!

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! Just curious where did you test the rides? On pavement or dirt?

·
Scooterdog
713 Posts
Hello all! I'm from southeastern Washington state and I just joined the XP family! I looked long and hard between the Wildcat and the XP. I loved the look of the Wildcat and the idea of all that suspension, but after finally driving them back to back last weekend, I decided there just wasn't any comparison!
The XP just felt more put together and simply felt better! Even my girlfriend felt it immediately!
So, I drove the 5 hours to Boise ID with an empty trailer and carried home a new 2012 Liquid Silver XP! I have a local Polaris dealer. But they couldn't come close to the deal Carl's Cycle in Boise gave me. $14999 with a 2 year warrantee, and all the accessories I wanted at cost (so they said).

I bought the hard plastic roof, black anodized doors, the plug-n-ride hard case, aluminum front bumper, Dually LED lights, mirror, and soft map case that mounts to the roof, and the half shield wind screen! Still looking for some cool door graphics that work with the factory body graphics!

Ive been out in it a couple times, mostly in ORV park whoop filled trails, and some small dunes, but I'm really looking forward to some mountain trail riding and big dunes! Planning a trip to Florence OR, and the surrounding areas on October 11. Can't wait! I also can't wait to learn all about the capabilities of the XP from all you experts!

Welcome to the XP Family!

I too bought my 2012 Black/Orange Madness XP from Carl's in Boise...Awesome people! If you ever want to ride the south hills here in Twin Falls let me know... Have fun!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats on your purchase! Just curious where did you test the rides? On pavement or dirt?
Unfortunately, I was only able to ride the Wildcat around the parking lot and back lot of the dealership (Woody's) in Caldwell ID, but I really don't know that it would have mattered. As soon as I fired it up and pulled away I knew I didn't like the sound or feel of it. The clutch engagement was rough and it seemed to shudder as it engaged. I just didn't like anything about it. Granted I didn't really give it a fair chance to shine in its element, but aside from my first impression there were other reasons why I went with the RZR. For one the nearest Wildcat dealer to my home is about 220 miles away, and The salesman at Woody's couldn't tell me if the service bulletin items had been corrected on the 2012 units they had. Additionally, when discussing the price for the units they had, they offered a lower price on a black unit with the reason being that it had been in their inventory the longest. After driving 5 hours to get there, the black unit had obviously been used quite a bit. In fact the door opening button that was red and had the word "PRESS" on it was worn so badly the "PRESS" was almost worn clear off! It didnt give me a warm fuzzy about buying from them! So, I drove on to Boise and found a very professional and friendly environment at Carl's Cycles, and the RZR 900 just felt so much better! And, I have a RZR dealer in my home town!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Welcome to the sickness!!!!LOL Check out my build thread in this section. Its called Voodoo Magic. It may help with some ideas...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts