Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did the SATV S conversion on a trail 800 best thing I did only mistake was phantom shocks. Spring too weak , bucked blew out both fronts. Waiting on Walker Evans shocks for rear they just said 6-8 weeks now . Was 3-5 and fronts came under. 3 weeks.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I did the SATV +6 with EXIT shocks a few years back on my 08 800 and they are both holding up well. I ride mostly hard pack. Best mod I've done.

·
Can't 'Member.
767 Posts
I guess my main question is this...is the dynamix suspension worth it or will I be happy enough with long travel and shock work on a 64”...? Opinions from those that have had both would be great...

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
I bought a 2014 Xp1000 two seat car, new, with the Walker Evans shocks.
The ride, in a word, sucked. Harsh over small stuff, and harsher when going off bigger stuff. When going faster (above 50) it was better but not by much.
I had the shocks re sprung and revalved. It was a marked improvement, and made a huge difference in every ride condition.
We sold that car and bought a brand new Dynamix equipped Turbo S two seat car. The suspension which I would consider factory long travel, was another giant step up. It doesn't last very long tho, only until the chinesium springs collapse, then you buy new springs and all is well again.
If you can swing the Dynamix on a Turbo S go for it. If you can't or don't want that particular car then LT and shock work that matches is the best you are gonna do.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I guess my main question is this...is the dynamix suspension worth it or will I be happy enough with long travel and shock work on a 64”...? Opinions from those that have had both would be great...

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net
I love my Turbo XP but when I drive my brother's Turbo S it's just a much higher quality machine. From the moment you sit in it, the way the wheel feels, the improved interior/gauges, the smooth clutch engagement, you'll know it's a machine on a different level.

Since I already have my machine, I'm content. But if I were in the market, no question.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The SATV +3 long travel with boxed arms and of course shocks give a better ride yes. But after you put on a long travel the worry of flipping over is never in my mind. Wait until Christmas and SATV will have a sale on them. The kit comes with everything but bushings. Buy them and a complete gusset kit while your under there. I always wait until Christmas to buy my stuff. Dont worry about axles. The kit has +3 axles as well. I upgraded mine to the SATV heavier axles as well. Dont let folks talk you out of it. Wider is safer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I have a 2017 RZR XP4T. I liked it a lot. But, then a buddy loaned me his ZRP 3" wider hubs. The stability they gave me was noticeable.

I'm a rock crawling guide, and one of the benefits is getting access to aftermarket gear. And, since I enjoyed the added stability of the ZRP hubs, I opted to get the HCR Midtravel kit. Combined with my 4/3 Method 401 wheels, my width is now at about 75".

Initially, I was (and my wife really was) concerned about the cost of the HCR kit. But, I can tell you that my car was completely transformed. Not only am I more stable in rock crawling scenarios, but everything about my riding experience is better.

As has been mentioned, getting a suspension upgrade is always beneficial, too. I had Ben Porter do my suspension setup, which also transformed my experience. Doing the LT without a suspension adjustment, in my mind, is like getting a big turbo with a tune and then keeping your stock exhaust.

At the end of the day I have zero regrets.

·
Captain/Paramedic
102 Posts
I have the HCR mid travel kit on my 2016 XPT with Shock Therapy stage 4 kit.I have not had the shocks redone since I put the HCR kit on. I also changed tires and wheels recently. I went from 32x10x14 Mongrels to 33x10x15 Tensor DSR tires . Long travel is great and more stabile but you still need to be careful. I put my RZR on it's right 2 weeks ago. All it takes is a rock in the wrong place in a gravel wash. No one was hurt and the RZR has very minor damage but don't think a long travel will keep you on 4 wheels all the time..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts