Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are opinions about the Super ATV long travel suspension kits for the standard RZR? Are they on par with LSR, Holz and Fireball Racing? If not are they close? They are much more reasonably priced. The billet arms look very intriguing. Is the weight difference the only benefit from them or are they stronger?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dont forget to add in the cost of new shocks, as most of the cheaper kits dont include them.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
That link is not to a racertech Lt kit thats just the arms.. You still need brake lines, tierods or extensions and axle shafts. Atleast a few hundred dollars more. Also it depends on where you ride.. Around here heim joints are not so good.. Mud and dirty water makes them stiffen up.. I've got a buddy that had to buy 800 dollar power steering cause once he went through some mud and water it was really hard to steer. If he cleans out the joints all it good again. And no they are not cheap Heims.. When I was looking for a kit I made sure it Didn't use Heims..
The super ATV +5 isn't bad. The other kits are made better though. My neighbor bought a super ATV +5.. I've got a LSR+4.. I paid more, but I'd still buy the LSR kit again after seeing both..

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
That link is not to a racertech Lt kit thats just the arms.. You still need brake lines, tierods or extensions and axle shafts. Atleast a few hundred dollars more. Also it depends on where you ride.. Around here heim joints are not so good.. Mud and dirty water makes them stiffen up.. I've got a buddy that had to buy 800 dollar power steering cause once he went through some mud and water it was really hard to steer. If he cleans out the joints all it good again. And no they are not cheap Heims.. When I was looking for a kit I made sure it Didn't use Heims..
The super ATV +5 isn't bad. The other kits are made better though. My neighbor bought a super ATV +5.. I've got a LSR+4.. I paid more, but I'd still buy the LSR kit again after seeing both..
Op didn't say anything about shocks.

The only thing this kit does not include are the shocks. If you'll look at the bottom of the link, you are given an option for axles.

So no, this kit is not "hundreds more to have a whole kit". If you choose summers brothers axles, we'll send axles that work with the cv's you already have and you can choose whatever shocks you want. Brake lines and FULL HD tie rods are included.

As far as the heim to ball joint argument goes, there are tons of opinions, but I for one will never let a broken stock ball joint ruin a weekend or trip for me again.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The SuperATV kit is very nice and all inclusive(minus shocks). Last time I checked, the kit was $1300 including complete new axles. When compared to the factory "S" arms they are much more stout. They offer a lifetime warranty on their arms as well.

·
eternal noobie
239 Posts
Not sure on the S upgrade kit from RacerTech, by the +3 kit I chose still works with stock shocks. They have optional upgraded front HD coils and rear 2-stage rear coils available too. While I wouldn't mine more damping/control, the coils alone made a noticeable improvement in the RZR.

http://www.rzrforums.net/rzr-utv-videos/35565-rzr-hot-lap.html shows it in action this past weekend.

The ability to delay the shock upgrade was VERY nice for the pocketbook...I hope to have those installed within the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Op didn't say anything about shocks.

The only thing this kit does not include are the shocks. If you'll look at the bottom of the link, you are given an option for axles.

So no, this kit is not "hundreds more to have a whole kit". If you choose summers brothers axles, we'll send axles that work with the cv's you already have and you can choose whatever shocks you want. Brake lines and FULL HD tie rods are included.

As far as the heim to ball joint argument goes, there are tons of opinions, but I for one will never let a broken stock ball joint ruin a weekend or trip for me again.
I'm sorry am I missing something the option for axles is +650 correct? so it is hundreds more correct? You are right though it does come with Tierods. I did not knotice that. It does not list brake lines though. Its also called replacement A-Arms not a +5 kit.

At anyrate it doesn't really matter. I was just pointing out that Pretty much ANY kit besides the super atv kit is going to run you 2k+ I have a LSR+4 that I like. They retail for 2100 for the Kit. I looked hard at the Racertech plus 3 but Its 2850 plus it uses Heims. Again for my area they don't work well. I'm not sure why Racertechs +5 Kit if that is a kit, would be 1000 dollars less then their plus 3.

If you can't find a deal on a used kit its really hard to pass up on the super atv kit. You can buy the LT kit and a pair of shocks for not much more then some of the nicer kits. Even better if your looking to make your rzr a RZR-S you can find Fox oem shocks on here for 800.. So for less then most LT kits you can have a LT and shocks..

·
Registered
211 Posts
For the money, SATV "S" conversion is hard to beat. The arms are stout, the welds look OK and the lifetime warranty is hard to beat as well. There are much nicer kits out their, I would have preferred the Holz kit, but they were 3 times the price. Money no object...get high quality, having fun on a budget...SATV.
Just MHO. Either way, the ride is way better with the LT!!!

·
Registered
751 Posts
People sure bash the super atv kit , instead they should lower their price on their own kits and sell more kits and rely more on volume to make a profit !

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
On any long travel ... the first question should be "how much usable wheel travel does the kit have" Not how wide it is ... if you are going to spend thousands just to make it wide ... its not worth it.

find out what the lever arm ratio is ... and what the shock length ... i.e. 6" ...8" ...ect and multiply the two to get wheel travel. Make them guarantee that when you get the kit ... it will have that amount. The claim the world ... but it is a different story when you get it home!! If they can answer all of those questions ... then most likely they are a good kit and you will have real data to choice from!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have had the SATV kit on mine since last winter and it has held up well. Some of the high end kits are absolutley beautiful to look at and easy to see where a lot of effort was put into them, understandable when the builder gets upset being compared to an "off the shelf" type of set up. You have to ask yourself what you are looking for, are you a hard core racer who needs precision and reliabilty above all else or are you a weekend warrior looking to just improve the machine and have fun. Shouldn't be too hard to answer.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
There is another thing to consider.. mikd brought up the hard core racer guys.. Some kits built with racing in mind sit very low. They aren't built with ground clearance high on the list.. They are built for taking turns at speed. Just cause its a 5k LT doesn't mean its better then a 2k kit for your kind of riding.. Might even be worse lol. Just something else to confuse you :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
I really like my Superatv kit. As stated earlier, the welds are good and if it does ever break, free replacement. I think the kit looks good and have no complaints. Would I race the baja 1000 with them? probably not, but for medium to hard recreational use, they are holding up well. Bash all you want, I would like to hear an honest reason from the "haters" why the SATV kit is crap............. seems like axles and CV's are the weak link. The ones that come with the kit are huge compared to the stock ones. Do plenty of research and pick the kit you think would work best for you.

·
6,039 Posts
what kind of shocks will you offer?
We are coming out with our own line of shocks call Phantom Shocks they are going to be fully adjustable compression and rebound with remote Reservoirs. The are going to be some top notch shocks at an affordable price. Very are excited about these, we have been doing a lot of R&D with the set we have in house now. Look for them to be in-stock around Halloween.

Tyler
SuperATV.com
(812)574-7777

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
alot of good advice so far...also nice to see a few vendors chime in and with out bashing each otheir...nice respect . alot to think about.

since im a rec rider on a budget i also went with the super atv..and afco shocks will report on this after its madin ride columbs weekend....trus me it will be road hard.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Johnny that's the same setup i have. SATV+Afco Silver Series. I felt the shocks were more important than the arms for my recreational needs and used the money I saved on the arms towards the shocks. I don't think you'll be dissapointed it has turned out quite well.
Mike

·
Vendor
4,015 Posts
I’ve read this entire thread and I think I’ll chime in. I don’t even know how to begin addressing what has already been said here so here is just a general statement as to where we stand:

Our suspension systems are not for everyone and we'd never try to claim that. I would however like to see these other kits go through, survive and win some of the events our kits have gone through. We put a lot of work into each individual arm. They are hand crafted in our own shop out of 100% American materials and labor. Everyone has a choice and we respect that. We get plenty of business from people who have their reasons to go with us. They all seem to be incredibly happy with our product and I must say I hear my fair share of horror stories from converts of other companies when people learn the hard way that you get what you pay for.

Our arms come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee that includes racing which is pretty rare I'm told. Heck, our +6" RZR kit, which is substantially more expensive than almost any kit on the market, comes with the lifetime guarantee PLUS we will send you a 100 dollar bill w/ your new arm for your troubles. Fun fact: We've never given away the $100, or an arm. That may sound cocky but in our eyes we're just putting our money where our mouth is.

We started building long travel systems for UTV's long before most of these other companies had names. We've always specialized and catered to the racing market where people are willing to spend more money to assure a better chance of finishing and winning a race. Not necessarily because we saw more profit, but because racing and destroying things is what we live and breathe. Our theory has always been if we prove it on the track, it will work for the public. Also, believe it or not, building stuff this good does cost more time and money to produce so we’re not just laughing all the way to the bank…

We do, however, realize there is an overwhelming demand for chassis and suspension upgrades for the average recreational rider. I can’t really wrap my mind around the logic of building the cheapest parts my brain can fathom just to have the lowest price point in the market. That’s not good for anyone. We believe in quality over quantity here and will never go the other way. With that being said, we will be releasing some new developments fairly soon. We’ve been working on some things for the past year now ever since the industry started going the way it has. We are very excited about our new work.

Like I said, your choice is yours and yours alone. We respect that and don’t believe in pushing our products down your throat. That’s why you don’t see us on here as much as others. I just want the discerning individuals who read these forums and never really pipe up to know that we may be just what you are looking for ;) For everyone looking for something else, enjoy your decision. We offer a lot more than just suspensions so keep us in mind!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts