Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just noticed this extra charge on the Polaris website.
Is this a new charge? I don't recall seeing it before.

RZR Pro XP 4 Sport
Starting at $24,999 US MSRP
Logistics surcharge of $150 will apply.
Plus destination charge and set-up.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'm seeing "COVID Surcharges" on everything from product ordered from my manufacturers to restaurant meals. It's just another ridiculous money grab.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
That way they don’t have to use the word…………..I N F L A T I O N………and make our wonderful politicians look bad. Price increase without raising prices !

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Paying taxes on the road to get their, on the vehicle to tow it, on the income to pay for all of it, on the gas that goes in them. Then the insurance for all of it. Then the 10-20+ random bullshit charges that they come up with at time of purchase. Then the sticker to go off road. And if all that hasn’t sucked you dry enough and you have something leftover to invest. And you get lucky enough to gain…..now you get to pay taxes on the gains that you already paid taxes on prior to investing. I’m positive this rant is missing many other ways the vampire sucks us dry.

Keep in mind our ancestors were willing to destroy our enemies over a 3% tax on TEA! Sorry. I get fired up over theft.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Taxes , isn't that one of the reasons this country was founded - to break away from the excessive Taxes?
Makes one nauseous to look at pay stub and see how much is taken . Then what money they let you keep, well they want you to pay taxes again on what you purchse with it .

·
Registered
589 Posts
Probably a freight surcharge. Our company is now paying $3500 for tractor trailer loads of product that used to cost $1250 before Covid. Shipping is crazy right now.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Probably a freight surcharge. Our company is now paying $3500 for tractor trailer loads of product that used to cost $1250 before Covid. Shipping is crazy right now.
Shipping is crazy expensive for sure. Would be cheaper if they didn’t need to go from Mexico. Just saying.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Shipping is crazy expensive for sure. Would be cheaper if they didn’t need to go from Mexico. Just saying.
I agree, but it is also freight on incoming parts to build them.

The example above is raw material from a US source in the North East, shipped to KY. Our finished products are shipped F.O.B. KY, and we still add a freight surcharge. It is ridiculous.

Inflation is real. I hope the younger generation figures this out before it is to late.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Inflation is real. I hope the younger generation figures this out before it is to late.
Good luck on that! They can’t even figure out if they are a boy or a girl by looking in their own damn undies!!!

• Haha
Reactions: FBT, T/O and AZJohn

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I agree, but it is also freight on incoming parts to build them.

The example above is raw material from a US source in the North East, shipped to KY. Our finished products are shipped F.O.B. KY, and we still add a freight surcharge. It is ridiculous.

Worst inflation in 40 years

·
Registered
2014 XP 1000 on portals
218 Posts
Logistics. . . . . . the new word (additional dealer profit) for TruCoat.

There’s what I was looking for when I ordered a new pickup this spring. They tried to get me on a $1000 “protection package”, which is just some slickem sprayed inside and out, I told the salesman that was classic enough it was in an 80s movie. So I was a little off. They might have put it anyway, I couldn’t tell anything except it had a sticker. They did slip window VIN etching by on me, still mad every time I notice it.

I’ve been trying to buy a plain cheap 4x4 atv. All my local dealers will be over $8000 after fees on a $6800 msrp, and then $500 farmer discount. This might be the one I finally go to yalls favorite I69 for.

·
Registered
589 Posts
There’s what I was looking for when I ordered a new pickup this spring. They tried to get me on a $1000 “protection package”, which is just some slickem sprayed inside and out, I told the salesman that was classic enough it was in an 80s movie. So I was a little off. They might have put it anyway, I couldn’t tell anything except it had a sticker. They did slip window VIN etching by on me, still mad every time I notice it.

I’ve been trying to buy a plain cheap 4x4 atv. All my local dealers will be over $8000 after fees on a $6800 msrp, and then $500 farmer discount. This might be the one I finally go to yalls favorite I69 for.
Come on over. I have bought 3 machines from them. Best prices anywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It also depends on your dealer. I ordered a 2022 Pro XP Sport yesterday, $22,000 flat plus 10% off accessories. No setup or install fee.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts