Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

LOCTITE ?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  scubadnv 
#1 ·
I know this has been covered in a number of threads. I'm going to do the pinion nut on a 800S, the question is which loctite? I've seen references to 271,272, and 277. The 277 seems to be the strongest, but loctites site is useless. What is the most current recommendation?
Thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
I know this has been covered in a number of threads. I'm going to do the pinion nut on a 800S, the question is which loctite? I've seen references to 271,272, and 277. The 277 seems to be the strongest, but loctites site is useless. What is the most current recommendation?
Thanks in advance.
To my knowledge the 272 is what you want to use. I know thats what I have used on all of the diffs I done the swap on.

Reactions: RZR_Joe
#4 ·
I used a fresh bottle of Loctite 272. I was a bit more liberal with this time around and wiped off the excess when finished with a shop paper towel. Normally I use blue loctite a bit more sparing on things I want to remove again. Red loctite is for things you really don't want to come off again. (or super glue) lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.