Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just purchased a 2016 570 rzr trail and looking to load it in 2016 2500 silverado with 6.5 bed. I have seen several pics with it flat both forwards and back but looking to ramp nose up to allow rear of rzr inside box and close tailgate. Anybody done this? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Seriously? Without some kind of ramp/rack?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe I didn't explain very well. Using a ramp to load, I am thinking of building a ramp in the bed of the truck to raise the front of the rzr and allow the rear wheels to fit entirely inside the bed, not on the tailgate. Have used truck ramps for years with an atv to do this but the ramp would have to be a little steeper and higher for a rzr. Anybody try this?

·
Registered
994 Posts
I don't see how that's gonna work well. You're trying to put something over 8ft long in a 6.5ft spot. Would have to be at a crazy steep angle. Why not just leave the gate down?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I don’t think the one in the link you posted would work. Something more like this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all, the rzr I have is 50 inch trail version. And my chevy truck has the 6.5 bed. The angle has to move the rear tires about 24" forward. Not as severe angle as the pics which are a 5.5 bed.
Just curious if anyone has done this. Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have seen it with something similar to that "rover" someone posted.
You will need to angle the front up with ramps and stands inside the bed.
You can test the measurements by jacking the front up and measuring the overall length as the Rzr angles nose up and the length shrinks.
Not sure if you would ever be able to close the tailgate but you can probably get it angled and tied up enough to tow the trailer.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Think it might be cheaper, easier, and more practical to have the tongue of the trailer lengthened by 2ft. Or get a truck with an 8ft bed...

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All good ideas. Just trying to research this. Agree that I might not be able to close the tailgate all the way but straps can hold it up at an angle. I have the skills and tools to build this but not trying to re-invent the "wheel" if it's already been invented. Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I measured my 2000 Tundra bed to see if this would work...(bed was closer to 6')... figured it would need the angled ramps to go up near the roofline to clear the tailgate to get it propped up enough to tow.

I ended up selling the Tundra and bought a Ford F150 with the 8 ft bed. That truck handled my 800 S no problem....I did remove the gate when I towed- easier than propping it up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
8' bed would be nice. Did some more measuring and looks like front wheels would need to be above cab. Not sure I'm going to do that. I have an enclosed 20 foot trailer I can use as a toy hauler but our triple slide camper would be nice when the wife goes. Got to weigh out all the alternatives. Thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
In order for a machine that is 9 feet long to fit in a 6.5 foot bed, it will need to sit at a 45 degree angle. Just a little quick geometry will show you this.
I still think your best bet is to go with a rack that lifts the whole machine up to the height of the bed rails......or get a REAL pickup with an 8 foot bed! LOL.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Get an extended hitch bar. I put a 2 ft extension on my Ram 2500 and towed a 22ft RV TT all over the west with the tail gate down. My ram had a 2 1/2 receiver.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have an 800 which is pretty much a 570 to a point... it fits in my 10 garage space with minimal clearance. Prob could squeeze 9 ft. So putting it in a 6.5 ft bed is gonna be tough. Got to offset 3 ft length.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You could just put s hitch on your camper and pull doubles, it works great. Camera on back to let you see everything is still fine back there.
Then when you get there you can be mobile without moving camp. You do have to pay attention to where you can just pull through. You can back doubles but not very far for most people. We do it all the time, works great for us.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts