Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Morris Racing #711
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to Little Sahara this weekend, first trip with my XPT. I'm excited (to say the least) to get there and have some fun.

Anybody else going to be there?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Don't know of anyone going this weekend. But don't forget about DTD in May.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
May 17-20. They have raffles, wheelie contest, jump contest, night rides, etc. It's a blast.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I believe any weekend. We've been out there on non-event weekends and had access at night.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
We don't do ANY events, you can ride 24/7.

·
Morris Racing #711
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's good, I was hoping I would be able to ride at night. It'll be about 4-5 in the afternoon when I get there Friday and was hoping to get more than just a quick ride after getting unloaded and camp set up. I put on a few extra lights and some lighted whips in preparation to ride at night.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Yes, the night ride is where it's at. :headbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
We only use Deuces Wild, Sharon treats us right. We had a run in with a Ranger once, (well more then once) but I don't gripe at the deserved ones, this one was for walking across the street from camp to camp with an open beer. WE DO NOT DRINK AND RIDE tho.

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
You'll get very differing opinions on that. IMO it's kinda "6 of one, 1/2 dozen of the other". The south area (Golden Sands and Sand City) is more active and noisy, but Little Shahara Power Sports is right there for gas, ice, etc. The north area (Buttercup and Cowboy) is much quieter and calmer, and feels kinda detached from the partying. But you'll have to ride the dune trails on the side of the road to get to the store to get gas, ice, etc.

I guess when it comes down to it: Stay on the south end if you want to be around a bit more action in the camp area; Stay on the north end if you want quiet and calm in the camp area.

·
Morris Racing #711
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard Deuces Wild was popular, I wasn't sure about it just because from google satellite view it looks like most of the campground is dirt/sand, and because it was farther from the dunes I wasn't sure what that would be like getting from the campsite to the dunes each time. I booked at Buttercup because it had paved roads and was right by the north entrance, I figured for our first time it would be ok and then I can see for myself when I get down there and have a better idea of where I want to be next time.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I've heard Deuces Wild was popular, I wasn't sure about it just because from google satellite view it looks like most of the campground is dirt/sand, and because it was farther from the dunes I wasn't sure what that would be like getting from the campsite to the dunes each time. I booked at Buttercup because it had paved roads and was right by the north entrance, I figured for our first time it would be ok and then I can see for myself when I get down there and have a better idea of where I want to be next time.
We like to North because we like the big dunes and whoop rode gives us time to warm a belt up, strap in and get your bearings. We try to stay off asphalt as much as we can, north end helps with that too. No spot is 100% better then another, after years of going you just pick what fits u best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sahara is great, now you can secure your camping spot online. Back in the day, we would have to pay for 3 weeks in advance and set up a "mock camp," Pain in the butt when you are driving from Dallas.

·
Morris Racing #711
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm going to bring this back up because I want to see if anybody knows the dates for DTD or any other events yet. I found that the Snake Hunt is April 24-27 on LSPS website and I booked that trip but was wanting to try and go to some more this year

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Haven't seen it posted anywhere yet. But I'm assuming it's going to be May 16-19. I may give Stillwater Powersports a call tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts