Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Here is an idea for a thread. I wanted to invite everyone to list in order their personal top 5 places to ride their XP900.

I don't mean ATV riding in general or even SxS riding in general; I mean those places where the XP fits good, or you can make use of it's speed, or it's power, or scenic places the XP fits, or great trails that accomodate the XP ... Just whatever it is about these places that make them your 5 favorite places to ride your XP900.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hatfield and McCoy are great.

While it's probably not a good answer to your question, Central WV, where I live in general is great as well.

I can start my RZR in my garage, ride for 50 miles and never see the same trail twice.

While not in the RZR here is a quick video I made with my sons new gopro.

We ride as a family nearly every weekend.

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Sorry I dont have 5..But for me It would have to be Little Sahara Okla #1...But Im dieing to get out to Glamis and check out the big times, For trail riding Wolfpen at Mena Ar is fun but not challenging... There again Id love to get out to Colorado or the Hatfield-McCoys one day and see the sights on them trails...And for a close ride when its hot, we run over to Eufala Lake below the dam and ride down the river..Like this
Ashleys ride video by melon76 - Photobucket Usually the water aint that high.. but even then theres plenty of riding there

Good thread SouthernGypsy, Id like to see all of youse guys favorites :popcorn:

·
Registered
296 Posts
id like to try some beach riding some day'' i think it would be cool to cruise with the wife with her 2 piece on and just ride along the waters edge for miles'' that would be tooo cool'' glamis gets old once or twice a month,,but its really close to us ''

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
1. Glamis
2. Parker
3. Barstow
4. Johnson valley
5. Silverwood/ Miller Canyon

These are my most frequently visited areas. All are perfect for xp

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
1. Glamis
2. Rocky Point (Beach in Mexico)
3. Empire Ranch (Soniota AZ)
4. Huachuca Mountains
5. On the road to get more Beer and Steaks from Safeway

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1. Jack Mountain (aka Ross Foundation Offroad Area) near Hot Springs, Arkansas
(very large and variety, it has a little of everything, mud, hills, flats, technical stuff, tight trails, trails you can open up the XP, you name it and on top of that it's free. No camping on site but its only 7 miles from Historic Hot Springs which is a resort down so after a day of riding clean up and find about any kind of dining or enterainment you desire, also a large lake so if you get too dusty riding you rent a watercraft or boat and wash the dust off).

2. Brimstone Offroad Park / Ride Royal Blue / Coal Creek Offroad Park. Tennessee
(Large, great trails, These are three seperate parks but I list them together because they are all within 15-20 minutes of each other so if you visit one you should plan on a 3 day trip. You can Stay in Caryville, TN which is kinda centrally located between them, and see them all. Each place has their own rates).

3. Mount Magazine Trails and the Sorgum Hollow Trails (now merged together). Near Paris, Arkansas.
(Arkansas tallest mountain and one of it's lowest valleys, right next to each other, lots of miles of varying trails up and down the mountain and in the valleys below and even around a small lake. Amazing scenery, especially in the fall or spring. Awesome lodge at the top built in the 1940s right on the edge of the cliffs on the south face top of the mountain where every room is a balcany room overlooking the Arkansas River Valley below and you can ride right to the trails from the lodge. They also have cabins, and both camper and rustic camping. $3 per day useage fee for the trails which goes to help maintain the trails and preserve the wildlife).

I have to say it was very hard ordering the next two; it was really more of a tie.

4. Little Sahara State Park Sand Dunes. Wynoka, Oklahoma.
Sand Dunes, whoops, a few trails, but mainly Sand Dunes. They do have camping also.

5. Land Between the Lakes Turkey Bay Offorad Area. Near Aurora, Kentucky.
(Very large riding area situation right between two large, long lakes in western Kentucky. Trails of all kinds including some that run right up the beaches along the riverside, mountains, hills, climbs, drops, and in the low lying spots mud deep enough to make the largest hog proud.

OK, Simply because I own it I did not lost Sandtown Ranch, and I have no affiliation with White Buck Offroad Park, but even if I did not own Sandtown and just lived in the state or anywhere reasonably close and still being objective as a rider then one of my choices (for fairness I wont say which #) would have actually been;

Sandtown Ranch / White Buck Offroad Park. Near Batesville, Arkansas.
These two are only 12 miles apart so like Royal Blue/Brimstone/Coal Creek I would list them together, If I were coming in from another area I'd plan on spending a couple of days and seeing both. Terrain of all kinds, trails, technical stuff, challenges, rock crawling, mud (both natrual bogs and developed mud pits), drag track, circle track, caves, waterfalls, old home sites, swimming, numerous natual springs, lots of clear running spring-feed creeks you can play and ride in. In the Ozark Foothills with beautiful scenery, especially during the Spring and Fall. Camping.

·
Premium Member
1,935 Posts
1. St. Anthony Idaho: Sand, sand and more sand. And when you want something else just throw on your knobbies and go explore miles upon miles of trails.
2. Oregon Dunes: Hard to beat the 60 degree temps when its 100+ inland plus tree shots are FUN....
3. Chappie-Shasta Off-Highway Vehicle Area in northern Cal: All sorts of trails from mild to wild and awsome views..
4. Little Sahara Recreation Area in Utah: Didnt get to spend much time playing do to the wife getiing sick but we will be back some day.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Brimstone, Tn
Slade, Ky
Windrock, Tn
Pickett, Ky
Black Mtn, Ky

All are good places to ride but Brimstone's my favorite. Though, tight, technical stuff with big steep hills and LOTS of rocks.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Brimstone, Tn
Slade, Ky
Windrock, Tn
Pickett, Ky
Black Mtn, Ky

All are good places to ride but Brimstone's my favorite. Though, tight, technical stuff with big steep hills and LOTS of rocks.
X2 because I am too lazy to type all that :)

·
Registered
873 Posts
1) Glamis to Gordons Well and everything in between
2) Coral Pink Sand Dunes
3) Any fire road in northern Arizona
4) The Oregon Dunes
5) Crown King from Lake Pleasant

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BLK mountain KY
Windrock TN
Brimstone TN
MT aetna TN
Royal Blue TN

I've ridden TN and KY but haven't heard of but three of those before (and only made it to two of them, Brimstone and Royal Blue).

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 Moccasin gap AK
2 Taylor park CO
3 St Anthony's ID
4 Windrock TN
5 Little Sahara OK

On #1 did you mean Moccasin Gap, AR ... as in Arkansas? Or is there also a Moccasin Gap in Alaska?

I know there are two "Little Saharas", one in Oklahoma and another somewhere out west. Had a guy want to argue with us once when we said we went to Little Sahara in Oklahoma and he swore we had the name wrong, had to show him the website. He finally admited oh, well, there is also a Little Sahara out west too you can ride in and then showed us that website.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
1 little sahara ok. 2 rzrville in tuttle ok. 3 s. canadian river 4 any mx track 5 my back yard

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I can't believe not one person has said Moab yet. The XP is a blast down there.
My list
Moab
St. Anthony
Little Sahara, Jericho Utah
Sand Hollow,Utah
Coral Pink Sand dunes

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
its hard to pick a favorite place to ride if you have never been there. should have listed as most want to ride there question.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts