Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a new 2012 XP 900 2 seater, but all they have left is liquid silver.

The last LE ORV I bought was a 2006 Kawasaki KFX 700 also in silver , but the paint chipped and flaked and looked like crap after the first rock chip. I was trying to find a basic red one, but the deal on the LE is tough to pass up.

For those with a few miles on their LEs. How does the paint hold up to rock chips, pressure washing etc?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have a 2010 RZR and it looks brand new. I do take good care of it. Keep it inside and clean it up when done using it. The couple touchups I've done I found that Rust-oleum Metallic silver was a better match than the Polaris touchup paint.

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
Only the front fender, springs & cage are silver. So far mine is scratch & chip free. Appears to be very durable / flexible. 600+ miles. Stock cage removed @ 20 miles.
That said,,,the cheap paint on the trailing arms is chipped to chit & rust shows up real good on a white background.
Front arms would chip easy also if you followed another XP too close

·
Registered
120 Posts
Polaris uses a differant process than other makes,ive been running painted LE models since 2006 and put thousands of hard miles on them and never have had a problem with any of them.I have seen problems with kawis cracking and yamahas peeling alot though.

·
RZR Junky.....
2,718 Posts
My 09 s is silver and the paint surprises me how tough it is.

Drew

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
All of the LE models I have seen seems to hold up really well, better than the red plastic does. My black paint on my orange madness has been holding up great!

·
Registered
135 Posts
About 800 miles on mine in 3 months, the paint holds up very well. Mine is rode hard, its been on its side a few times, and even rolled over completely twice this past weekend. Rollcage scratches are normal if you are like me. But like Paulk said, the trailing arm is chipped all to hell and back. Looks like shit. I cut it no slack, and ride it like I stole it at times. Not much you can do about it in this area of the country I suppose.

I'd buy silver again! Wish I could have found an orange madness, those are sweet!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Only the front fender, springs & cage are silver. So far mine is scratch & chip free. Appears to be very durable / flexible. 600+ miles. Stock cage removed @ 20 miles.
That said,,,the cheap paint on the trailing arms is chipped to chit & rust shows up real good on a white background.
Front arms would chip easy also if you followed another XP too close
Ditto...I know its a little anal retentive, but i use furniture polish on the paint and it makes it look like new. The suspension parts are a lost cause though, i dont even know if powder coating would keep the rock chips down on the trailing arms. If i could do it again, i would have taken them to rhino liner and had them spray them down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts