Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is third time i've posted on lil' mule rack for rzr s 2011, anyone have any pictures. want to know if it will bolt up to rzr with rear windshield. any pictures or info would be greatly appreciated. don't want to pull trigger on one of these things before i am sure about set-up. very expensive!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Boomer, I had mine installed corectly above the cargo deck until I lay'd it in on it's side. since then I had a custom cage made and the Lil Mule modified to be a removable rack on the top. I didn't have a rear winshield and I think why you are getting low response is that most don't use one,
John

·
Registered
273 Posts
this is third time i've posted on lil' mule rack for rzr s 2011, anyone have any pictures. want to know if it will bolt up to rzr with rear windshield. any pictures or info would be greatly appreciated. don't want to pull trigger on one of these things before i am sure about set-up. very expensive!
They may have changed it since I bought mine. I've got a Gen 2 08 not an S.

The rack mounts to the seat belt tabs on the front so I doubt it is going to work with a solid rear window. Should work OK with a soft rear window. The son who used to sell on ebay is OK. The father....well....customer service leaves a bit to be desired. No pictures available as I'm not running mine until the part to move one of my roof level snorkels gets here.

Eli

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ya no kidding.....flippin' expensive. They were on sale last week for $299. Still pricey for something you will probably need to go back a reweld (they have poor workmanship). Waiting to see how the UTV Inc rear rack looks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been interested.
Doesn't give me much confidence when their product page shows 3-4 variations of the same product.

w/ sideplates nothing on the back:

Different sideplate:

Says Lil Mule on the back

Rear bar mounted differently

·
Registered
221 Posts
They have a phone number and email
Why don't you ask them?
WildBanchee.Com | Home Page

The design changed from the seat belt tab mount. I think they have gone to a split roll bar mount now.
I don't know if the Lil' Mule is the same as the Wild Banchee. I have the Wild Banchee and the quality of it is very poor. The fitment is good but mine was covered with weld spatter and they powder coated righ over it. No cleanup at all! The RZR cutout was sooo jagged I had to take a file to it. I redid the whole rack and repainted it. No quality control, obviously......:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will have to have an opening in the back window to allow the Li'l mule to attach. As mentioned, the newer ones use a clamshell type clamp arrangement to connect the rack tube to the roll cage. I agree with what has been said about poor workmanship. They powder coated over the spatter, and the "RZR" cutout is extremely rough. :rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so in your opinion, is the little mule worth the money. should i wait and see if utv inc. comes out with something,, really liked the idea of this thing but if it has inferior production values don't know?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I really like the rack for its utility. The workmanship issues are mostly cosmetic from what I see on mine. Bad welds have been mentioned, but I don't see that on mine. The rack could be put right with a little filing or grinding and a new paint/powder coat job. It is probably NOT worth the ($300+) price, but that could be said of a lot of rzr stuff. Not because they're not good products, just because they are so flippin' expensive! :sad:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea what i thought also would still love to see one installed on 2011 with rear windshield, guess enough rzrs owners do not have them. i mentioned earlier in this thread if anyone had any info also on the utv rear rack?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea they are sometimes very pricey, i guess since we are paying such big money for our toys what do we exspect lol. has anyone heard anything on the sport utility rack from utv inc. and would still love to see a picture of one ( lil' mule) installed on a 2011 rzr with rear windshield.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A little late but I got the instruction to mount it on a Rzr for a friends rig from the company number was on the site wildbanchee.com very helpful

·
Registered
221 Posts
A little late but I got the instruction to mount it on a Rzr for a friends rig from the company number was on the site wildbanchee.com very helpful
Wild Banchee use to be lil mule and they're nothing like the rack in the picture from UTV. I have a Wild Banchee rack on my 2010 LE and after refinishing it and knocking off all the weld spatter, grinding off all the rough edges, repainting it and all, it is a really nice rack. I have my spare mounted on top of it and it's kinda cool. It was spendy and it looked like crap when it arrived but it fit very well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
sorry I just seen your post. let me know if you are still looking for an answer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts