Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dunes yesterday (st. anthony) Me in my XP, buddies in a 570, 2011 800, and Prowler 1000. The 570 and 800 were both bone stock, tires and all. Both seemed to be pretty comparable duning. And high marking on Choke was a draw. Pretty impressive!!
Both RZR's did alot better than the Prowler, and the Prowler ended up on its lid.:rofl3:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yes, me and a buddy that has a 800 rode mountain trails together for a couple of days last weekend and we both felt my 570 was too close to call. Both '12 and bone stock. We thought the 800s engine was slightly smoother and would "spool up" a little faster, but the 570 was a little more trackable, and felt a little better on the ste ep downhills. Both had comparible power and speed (55 mph was fast enough on the highway we drove for about 6miles). My buddy thought my 570 felt a little lighter (more than just the 7 lbs) for some reason, and he also thought the rear suspension felt better. My 570's shifter was a lot stiffer.

For this type of riding, we both felt I made the right choice in the 570 - saving some money, slightly easier maintenance, and better fuel mileage. We did some night riding as well, but didn't switch machines, but he felt his 800's high beam didn't make that much of a noticable difference.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting feedback...thanks!

As a 570 owner, I always wonder if I'm missing something because we didn't buy the 800. Seems like a trend here when people compare the 800 and 570. For the most part, it sounds like they're pretty equal, and when they aren't, everybody mentions the difference in cost. Always a homerun for any OEM when you can offer near equal performance and a slightly lower cost point.

·
You Don't Know Jack
74 Posts
I had an 800 so I have some experience with both. My 570 is quieter, uses less fuel & climbs steep rugged places at a slower & more controllable speed. I like both but would choose the 570 for my mountainous forested terrain.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I bought my 2013 570 a few weeks ago after MUCH research and Im very happy, it has gobs of power. A few aspects I liked about the 570 over the 800... The 800 is a old design engine, push rod and not multivalve.. like a briggs and stratton lawn mower.. The 570 is a DOHC multivalve engine, like every other powersports engine made just about.. Far more efficient.. Thats why a 570 can hang with a 800, and properly tuned i bet will beat it. The 570 uses far less gas for the same power, I had to physically check my tank as i thoght my guage was broke and stuck on full, really, finally dropped down a bar, lol... The Prostar 570 is based on the new Prostar 900 engine, with one cylinder lopped off basicly.. It uses the XP transmission and if it can handle the 900 it will be quite strong for the 570 power and later HP upgrades if you do them... The 570 engine was purpose built just for the RZR, the 800 was made for something else and retro'd to it. The 570 has far better access to maintenance areas, drains, etc... as it was designed for the RZR chassis.

The only downside is the 570 is a single and a bit more vibratory than a twin, of course. Nature of the Beast.

PS: None of the salespeople I talked too knew about the engine differences or what was inside them, lol... They were so hurried to get me to the desk to make a deal they never even gave proper sales presentations on their products. If the sales person would have gone over all the cool shit the 570 had I would have paid more and bought sooner. None of them even offered to let me sit in one.... I actually didnt sit in one until I bought mine and took it home, good thing I trust the RZR forum and peoples input, it was of great help......

Today, take apart the rear hub carrier and grease those dry bush's.. Oregon Dunes next weekend!

·
Registered
112 Posts
We had the same thing happen with our salesperson. They knew absolutely nothing about the machine. I even asked about the 800 to see if it was just because the 570 was new. You'd think that they'd want to know the machine inside and out. Like you, we did our research, and made sure we knew everything that we could about the machine before we bought it. It's a good thing too, as after I bought the machine and got ready to load it in the trailer, our sales person said..."at least let me show you how to check the oil before you take it". I already knew, but said "okay" to make them feel like they were doing something useful. They proceeded to remove the passenger seat, stare at the floorpan for a while, and finally said "the manual said it was under the passenger seat...do you see anything?" I knew it was inside the rear passenger wheel well, but said...."I don't know...I'll figure it out". Unbelievable! If I were a sales person, I'd want to know EVERYTHING I could about the machines I was selling. I guess not everyone eats and breathes this stuff, huh? So...that day we got a RZR and a laugh!

·
Registered
195 Posts
We had the same thing happen with our salesperson. They knew absolutely nothing about the machine. I even asked about the 800 to see if it was just because the 570 was new. You'd think that they'd want to know the machine inside and out. Like you, we did our research, and made sure we knew everything that we could about the machine before we bought it. It's a good thing too, as after I bought the machine and got ready to load it in the trailer, our sales person said..."at least let me show you how to check the oil before you take it". I already knew, but said "okay" to make them feel like they were doing something useful. They proceeded to remove the passenger seat, stare at the floorpan for a while, and finally said "the manual said it was under the passenger seat...do you see anything?" I knew it was inside the rear passenger wheel well, but said...."I don't know...I'll figure it out". Unbelievable! If I were a sales person, I'd want to know EVERYTHING I could about the machines I was selling. I guess not everyone eats and breathes this stuff, huh? So...that day we got a RZR and a laugh!
I bet they know all about the iPhone5 and all about the latest hot video game. You know - important stuff!

·
You Don't Know Jack
74 Posts
I bet they know all about the iPhone5 and all about the latest hot video game. You know - important stuff![/QUOTE]

Good one & prolly true.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I was there Sales Mgr it would be required to know the models inside and out and the competition's models as well... NOt to mention spending time with the customer before desking them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts