Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have about 135 miles on mine so far. I added Polaris full windshield, metal roof, rear windshield, 32" Crawlers, front camera.

Dislikes. Already has metal on metal squeaking somewhere. Fixable, but aggrivating. Dealer didn't put screws in side panels. Body is too wide for my taste, going to RUB on some of the trails I ride on but I knew that going in. Rain pours through the gaps on the sides where the roof and windshield meet. That can be fixed too. The seat belts get hung up behind the seat. I decided to run the belts through the openings in the seat. They don't hang up anymore but you can't get the seat out when I wash it. The outer frog skins on each intake get coated with mud. Fender flairs should fix that. Had to bend the shifter so the rubber boot would stay in place. Stereo sounds good, right up until I start the motor and head down the trail. Aftermarket sound system will be required, for me at least.

Likes. Shocks are getting more plush with each mile. I love being able to change the damping on the steering wheel. I love the the big screen with access to all the information. It is really nice to be able to store my cell phone in the console and it has a 12v outlet inside. All the dry storage compartments is nice. The steering is great! The steering wheel size is even good for me. Really nice to have tilt, telescopic wheel and the ratio is perfect. Visibility out the front is nice. Having front and rear cameras are very helpful. Feels VERY stable at speed. Body roll is very minimal. Low range, even with 32" tires is right on the money. Lastly, the power. This thing pulls hard! Very impressed!
Almost forgot, bigger gas tank is really handy. No more having to carry extra fuel.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got mine last Friday and put about 50 miles on her! I have to agree with the squeaks, I was really hoping Popo had fixed all that. It drove me crazy on my old 2010 RZR 4, everything squeaked!! The seat belt falls behind my seat every single time I get out just like you said, its a pain in the butt to have to find it when you're in line and everyone is waiting on you to go. I'll come up with a fix to that, probably a type of plastic bar to go there to keep it from falling in between the fire wall and the seats. Other than I absolutely LOVE it over my old RZR 4. Can't wait to get her back out soon, but she'll have to wait a week or so, opening day of deer season starts Saturday and that's 1st on the list.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got mine last Friday and put about 50 miles on her! I have to agree with the squeaks, I was really hoping Popo had fixed all that. It drove me crazy on my old 2010 RZR 4, everything squeaked!! The seat belt falls behind my seat every single time I get out just like you said, its a pain in the butt to have to find it when you're in line and everyone is waiting on you to go. I'll come up with a fix to that, probably a type of plastic bar to go there to keep it from falling in between the fire wall and the seats. Other than I absolutely LOVE it over my old RZR 4. Can't wait to get her back out soon, but she'll have to wait a week or so, opening day of deer season starts Saturday and that's 1st on the list.
Good luck on the hunt!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Squeaks are normal. Anything that is exposed and slides past something will squeak. You might try lubing the shock bushings.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Like the ride, control, power, etc.
Dislike the half windscreen, the vertical part reflects light from lots of angles. Don't know how to fix that. (ideas?) Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am on the fence for jumping on board with this one. Love the size and the design intent but I keep hearing stories of squeaks and metal on metal sounds. Although my '15 XP1K does not have much for raddles, it has plenty of squeaks. A buddies X3 seems to be void of squeaks and he has more miles on his than mine.

Liking that I hear it seems to handle 32" tires decent but I have also read that the gearing is basically the same as the S which is tall for technical places like Moab. Possible re-gear may be needed if any bigger tire is selected or the extra weight of the 4 seat if I decide to go this route. Don't really carry extra people but keep hearing good things about the ride of 4-seat machines. Would not do a Max however as they are just too long.

Roof, door skins, tires (maybe 15" wheels), winch etc. sure adds up fast. Decisions decisions lol

Adding up the parts needed (door skins, roof, 32" tires and possible 15" wheels

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Squeaks are normal. Anything that is exposed and slides past something will squeak. You might try lubing the shock bushings.

It isn't bushings, it was partly body panel screws the dealer didn't tighten.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have about 135 miles on mine so far. I added Polaris full windshield, metal roof, rear windshield, 32" Crawlers, front camera.

Dislikes. Already has metal on metal squeaking somewhere. Fixable, but aggrivating. Dealer didn't put screws in side panels. Body is too wide for my taste, going to RUB on some of the trails I ride on but I knew that going in. Rain pours through the gaps on the sides where the roof and windshield meet. That can be fixed too. The seat belts get hung up behind the seat. I decided to run the belts through the openings in the seat. They don't hang up anymore but you can't get the seat out when I wash it. The outer frog skins on each intake get coated with mud. Fender flairs should fix that. Had to bend the shifter so the rubber boot would stay in place. Stereo sounds good, right up until I start the motor and head down the trail. Aftermarket sound system will be required, for me at least.

Likes. Shocks are getting more plush with each mile. I love being able to change the damping on the steering wheel. I love the the big screen with access to all the information. It is really nice to be able to store my cell phone in the console and it has a 12v outlet inside. All the dry storage compartments is nice. The steering is great! The steering wheel size is even good for me. Really nice to have tilt, telescopic wheel and the ratio is perfect. Visibility out the front is nice. Having front and rear cameras are very helpful. Feels VERY stable at speed. Body roll is very minimal. Low range, even with 32" tires is right on the money. Lastly, the power. This thing pulls hard! Very impressed!
Almost forgot, bigger gas tank is really handy. No more having to carry extra fuel.

Thanks for the review Roger! I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on one. :wink

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:wink

Thanks for the review Roger! I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on one. :wink
Secondary is dragging, hopefully spacer or two will fix that. You will love the handling and power great!

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Did my first real riding at Glamis/CampRZR over the weekend. Only dislike was the seat belt thing. Very annoying. Everything else was great. Pulls so strong. I was able to hit 58mph at the top of Oldsmobile for those that are familiar. Which is pretty amazing. Did about 150 miles in 2 days. Nothing broke. Very happy that I got it!!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Checked my belt alignment an found it was rubbing the outside of the primary. Ordered washers today to fix that. The belt seems too tight to me. I have a couple of clutch alignment tools but not sure if either one will work. It has been pretty hectic here but I will find out.

It may have some small issues, all of which I think can be resolved. I will have to say, this thing makes me smile every time I drive it! If I had it to do over I would go buy another one just like it.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Did my first real riding at Glamis/CampRZR over the weekend. Only dislike was the seat belt thing. Very annoying. Everything else was great. Pulls so strong. I was able to hit 58mph at the top of Oldsmobile for those that are familiar. Which is pretty amazing. Did about 150 miles in 2 days. Nothing broke. Very happy that I got it!!!
What didn't you like about the seat belts?

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
What didn't you like about the seat belts?
When you take it off it falls behind the seat by the door and its a pain in the ass to get back out quick and easy.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes drives me insane..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am going to mount two straps, one on each side of the head rest that will be a few inches long. The lower end, near the shoulder, will be screwed in. The upper end, near the head rest will be mounted using a snap. That way they can hold the belts in place but can be easily opened so the seat can be removed. Hope to receive all the materials this week.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed my CEC enclosure last week. It made riding in the cold weather much more enjoyable. I still get hit in the back of the head with water coming off the rear wheels. NOT an enclosure problem. There are just so many openings around the B pillar that the water manages to get through. Very noisy because of all those gaps also. Going to spend some time resolving that issue.
I also ordered the materials to make enclosures myself. I have a few ideas to improve that design.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Checked my belt alignment an found it was rubbing the outside of the primary. Ordered washers today to fix that. The belt seems too tight to me. I have a couple of clutch alignment tools but not sure if either one will work. It has been pretty hectic here but I will find out.

It may have some small issues, all of which I think can be resolved. I will have to say, this thing makes me smile every time I drive it! If I had it to do over I would go buy another one just like it.

That is what the stock weights looked like. Cleaned them up with scotchbrite.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts