Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of choices, lots of opinions. My top choices are 5150 and black widow. I pulled towards the 5150 because of the stupid proof warranty but am open to suggestions. I've thought about using them for turn signals and addition brake lights but am not sure.
Why should I choose one over another?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
GPS GURU
391 Posts
Never heard of black widow but their imagery looks straight out of Amazon. I’d suggest the 5150s. Personally my next set will be buggy whips... I’m tired of Amazon whips falling to pieces on me.

·
Registered
21 Turbo S, 18 XPT Dynamix, 18 XP 1K
371 Posts
I have 5150 and no issues. Work great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
R1 for me. Same warranty as 5150 I believe. No issues yet but don’t have that many miles on them.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
2020 Polaris RZR Pro XP aka: The Bomb
482 Posts
I have whips and rock lights from Infinite Offroad.

They have the best warranty. Even if you break it on purpose they cover it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
5150 or NoCo, can’t go wrong with either. I have the 5150 but chose not to use the turn signal function, I don’t see it as needed and most people on the road wouldn’t know a blinking whip was for a turn.

·
Registered
2015 RZR 900
3 Posts
I have 5150 whips. I had one fail before a trip and they were nothing but helpful. We tried to get me a replacement before we left town, but shipping constraints prevented that. The 5150 crew were willing to let me take out the defective whip, use it and then send it back to them for a full replacement. Amazing customer service!

·
Registered
Polaris 2020 RZR S 1000
329 Posts
My next door neighbor has 5150 whips. One whip lasted about 20 minutes before quitting. For what ever reason he hasn't replaced it.

My cheapy Amazon whips are working fine after 500+ miles in the AZ desert. Even if they do quit, I still ahead in price if I have to replace them a couple of times. I'm retired an my labor is free.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Did you like Buggy Whips ? :p
Just preaching about well made products. Listen, the 5150's, gorillas, etc are all good products, and they have neat features, but if you ever get a chance to look at both buggy whips and any others side by side, you will absolutely see the quality difference just from visual inspection. Yes, they're more, but these are made like products you pass down to your kids where the others are more of a use for 3 years, and then dispose. Just my opinion, vendors, please don't shoot the messenger.

·
Premium Member
2020 Pro XP 4 Premium
395 Posts
Just being a Smart ass
No offense meant hope none taken

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lots of choices, lots of opinions. My top choices are 5150 and black widow. I pulled towards the 5150 because of the stupid proof warranty but am open to suggestions. I've thought about using them for turn signals and addition brake lights but am not sure.
Why should I choose one over another?

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
We run Gorilla Whips and they are nice.

·
Registered
'21 Pro XP4 Ultimate Rockford Fosgate LE
27 Posts
RedneckWhips are my new go to. I run the Stacker Xtreme since they have the most unique patterns I've seen. I personally really like what I call the "Tetris mode." You'll see what I mean here:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts