Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO ALL,

I JUST BOUGHT A NEW XP900 AND LIKE MANY OTHERS I WANT TO LIFT IT AND PUT SOME NICE BIG TIRES AND WHEELSMY QUESTIONS ARE, ARE THESE BOLT ON KITS RELIABLE? HOW MUCH LIFT IS TOO MUCH? AND WHATS THE FINAL VERDICT ON USING FACTORY AXLES?

I WAS LOOKING AT THE HIGHLIFTER 5" WITH 32 TERMS

IM GONNA BE DOING MUDDING AND TRAIL RIDING

I CANT AFFORD THE S3 OR CATVOS KITS SO WILL GOING THE LESS EXSPENSIVE ROUTE MAKE ME LOSE MY XPs RELIABLILTY, OPEN UP A CAN OF WORMS WITH PROBLEMS???

ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT
THANKS

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm running the Highlifter 5" with 31" outlaws, I like the set up the lift was super easy to instal and at anytime you can go back to factory height just by moving the shocks back in.

One thing i don`t like about the lift is i find if you jack the back end up off the ground it will put the rear axles and a very extreme angle and they will start to bind. Most will never have this problem but if u ever ramp it again or get hung up and the rear goes to full droop it will cause a problem. I had it pull a rear axle out of the diff when i went it a mud pit to fast one time. Cause damage to the axle spline shaft and ripping off the boot. So to remedy this problem i`m going to instal a set of shock limiting straps on the back so even if it is in the air the suspension won`t drop all the way down, and hopefully it will fix this problem for me.

But other then that i say go for it. Its a well built lift for the money. And from my experienc Highlifter has awesome customer service.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have no experience with the Highlifter lift. RDC also makes a nice adjustable lift but its a 2.5". I run stock axles up front with a steering stop kit and Gorilla axles in the rear. I tried Rhinos in the rear but I had way better luck with stock axles. Bearings dont last very long with big tires and mud so keep an eye on them. Be sure to get high clearance radius rods, stock ones suck.

Whatever you do, do not buy the Tony's Toys lift! Its crap!!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great info! The straps sound like a great idea!! I'm gonna start ordering my stuff today.

Anyone else wanna chime in? More input would be great!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I dont have one but you should check out SD3 powersports out of shreveport,LA they do some vary nice lifts & I have seem thier work & its first class.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am running the Highlifter 5" as well and I agree with all the comments above. I had to replace a rear axle as well because it dropped in a rut as i was in reverse. I also adjusted my Fox Podiums (front) to give me even more clearance in the front. I will probably get S3's lift when i can justify the price tag because the shocks are the same orientation as stock and I miss the smooth of a ride a stock xp 900.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts