Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new guy to this forum, well actually I have been a member for a few years but after I sold my 09 rzr I lost intrest. I just picked up a 2013 RZR4 LE and I want to put a lift and some 29.5 Swamplite tires and was just wondering what the best kit is? I was looking at the High lifter and super atv lifts, my real question is how does it change the ride quality? Do I really need a lift or will they fit with just some new rims and off set tires, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Will probably fit with out lift,but for a lift look at the RacerTech lift and their springs also

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2011 RZR 800

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the HL 5". You can adjust it to get the ride back.
Adjust it to stock? I would like to be able to get a few inches of lift and keep the factory smooth ride, do you have to adjust the shocks way up to keep the lift or can you adjust your shocks to the softer setting?

·
Registered
58 Posts
What I've seen guys do is put the adjustable lift on, put it up a few inches and either keep the shocks the same for the same ride, or adjust the preload down to get a softer than stock ride. That is what I would try, because I think the stock ride is pretty stiff initially and they should have used a dual spring to get the initial plushness before the more aggressive spring rate for bottoming resistance. The Walker Evans springs are supposed to be a dual rate, progressive spring, but the dual spring set up on the 2 seat XPs with the fox shocks is better.

·
Registered
223 Posts
No, not to stock. The claim of 5" is if you simply bolt the kit on & leave your preload the same. I adjusted the spring preload softer to get the ride back. I never did ride it stock, so I can't compare but the ride is pretty sweet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts