Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added new tire and wheel combo 27" tires with 14" rims so now there are times that the big DOT tire rub the plastic wheel well in turns with bumps, it barely comes in contact with the body, but still it a concern. Thinking of adding a 2" lift kit to hopefully take care of this problem. My question is has anybody had similar problems with big tires contacting the body and whether the lift is worth the cost. Also I run a lot of tight 50" trails in Michigan, will this lift kit only lift and not widen the wheels? Any thoughts here would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
The lift kit will push your arms down more, thus giving you a narrower wheel width. Can do nothing but help your clearance issue, although will push that back right tire closer to the motor mount.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice looking ride! Don't see too many of the faster green ones that decked out. JB is right, what you gain in body clearance you lose at the motor mount. Maybe get some spacers to gain the extra 1/2" or so clearance you lose with the lift. How close is the m/m now? Could you just use a heat gun and "massage" the wheel well to get more room?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maybe just use spacers in back, and heat form the wheel wells in front. Might not even need that with the lift. :think:

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I run 27" ITP's on 14"ITP SS wheels. I have a 2" racertec lift with no rub problems at all. Hope this helps

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the Racertech 2"
27" bighorns.
I had to get out heat gun and move the wheele wells in a little in the front.
I still get a rub on a fast turn. No problem though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.