hood guns ( made), graphics (ebay), flip up windshield, (made), camo mesh glued to roof. All were super cheap mods..my favorite kind. and forces people to use their brain extra hard as expensive mod's...them are easy ! (just pricey)
hood guns ( made), graphics (ebay), flip up windshield, (made), camo mesh glued to roof. All were super cheap mods..my favorite kind. and forces people to use their brain extra hard as expensive mod's...them are easy ! (just pricey) View attachment 653482View attachment 653483
WOW !! 121 pages of mods and over 2400 posts. great work guys. fun to read them all. LOTS of great craftsmen on here. It took me over a week to read from page 1 to here.
Anyways, here is a "mod" of sorts.
I fabbed up wheel bearing greasing tools. I have a small fleet of polaris's and wheel bearings are always a concern. I have found that "new" wheel bearings can still take about 20 pumps of grease from a grease gun.
i purchased 1 years ago and realized "I can make these! " (the aluminum one in the pic). They are made of PVC pipe and i turned them down with my small lathe to fit the specific wheel bearing diameter.
Parts list is as follows:
-pc of PVC pipe
-1 zerc fitting
-2 end caps to fit inside of pipe (next size down cap fits inside pipe)
Then drill holes around the pipe located in the middle...this is what feeds the grease into the split of the wheel bearings.
Also did the mod using the shrink wrap around the pin on the door latches of Pro Armor doors...quieted down the rattling immediately and gives them a real solid feel when closed.
So many good ideas I should have been making a list as i went thru this topic.
And one more cheap mod to add.
My 2008 800 has a pretty large gap between the hood and the frame at the cab and allowed a lot of hot air from the rad into the cab area just adding heat unnecessarily and water when washing or hitting puddles. So I "de-drafted/sealed up" this area with triple expanding foam. I have not driven it much yet but it will be effective for sure.
I had to add a length of hose to the can of foam nozzle to surgically get into the areas but it worked well.
The pics are "in progress". It will be trimmed flat and painted once it is all cured.