Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

2381 - 2395 of 2395 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let's see your home built or cheap-arse stuff.
I know it would be great to have an unlimited budget but a lot of us don't and it would be nice to see what others are making themselves or getting on the cheap.

Cheap things like the "Poor mans parking brake" and the "clutch spacer removal" are great ideas that a lot of members benefited from yet cost nothing or very little.

Whatcha got?

Vince
Just sitting around trying to figure out what I could use the old LED light on that came off our motion light that was on the front of the house? Made a Poor Mans back up light for my son's RZR. It is brighter with 12v than with 120 from the house. Don't know how long it will last but the last headlights I made for his 4wheeler lasted about 3yrs and were super bright. They were the small round ones in the picture. I only took one picture of the round ones of one side. The housing was made of 2in PVC and had two lights. Made the PVC just long enough to fit behind the rail on the front rack. Super bright poor man's lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm lucky enough to have access to a laser, press brake, and solidworks so I saw what you could get fir saddle boxes and was not impressed with the look nor the price. Here's where I at now. All test fitted and about ready to surface prep and paint! So far I'm pretty stoked on how it's turning out.
Looks good, great idea.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man you are lucky to have access to the tools and machine's to make all this. Great job and a great mind to think of all that you have done. I would like to have an overhead speaker box made of aluminum if you ever make something like that then I'm in the market to buy one. Be proud of yourself for the ability to do what you do and make. Great Job

·
Registered
8 Posts
Man that lug wrench idea is awesome. Makes me jealous that I didn't think of it. Your ideas and work is AWESOME.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know it would be great to have an unlimited budget but a lot of us don't and it would be nice to see what others are making themselves or getting on the cheap.

Cheap things like the "Poor mans parking brake" and the "clutch spacer removal" are great ideas that a lot of members benefited from yet cost nothing or very little.

Whatcha got?

Whatcha got?

Vince
This windshield protector was made from leftover Reflectix obtained from Home Depot. I just completed 1300 miles of open trailering in rain, snow, wind and sleet without a single blem to my glass windshield. While evidence shows a rock hit the windshield, no damage was sustained. The "fabric" was cut to size and secured with 2 bungee cords. It actually "form fitted" while in transit so it fits better now than before the trip started. When not in use, I simply roll and stow away. A full roll cost $10.00 at Home Depot. Cheap and effective....
IMG_1645.JPG

·
Ontario49
10 Posts
Ok, this might be the cheapest modification ever. Simply popped off the plastic hubs, covered them in painters tape, then carefully cut out the Polaris symbol with an exacto knife. Then I used some paint that works on plastic and put about 5 or 6 layers on it. Took the tap off carefully. Thought it would last a season. Paint is still on and looks better than ever. Looks cool, and it cost about 6 bucks for the paint. Might try my hand at powdercoating the lug nuts next.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a S1000 and here are a couple low cost mods you can see. All of these I made before anyone was selling them. The Roof was being made by a few companies.
1. Roof I made
2. Front Sway Bar I added
3. Shock Limiting Straps
Some Updates you cant see
1. Hurst Shifter
2. Steering Quickener (Made for $150)
3. Updated RZR S1000 Motor to XP1000 Motor
4. Remote Oil Filter
5. Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bars.
Sway Bar.jpg
Limiting Straps.jpg
FrontSide.jpg

·
Registered
682 Posts
Here’s a good budget mod I shared a while back. The engines are pretty noisy in the 2 seat xpt so I took some closed cell foam and mass loaded vinyl I had laying around from some car audio installs and layered behind the seats. Really helped with noise. Not like it’s quiet, but it did really help.
Used a layer of 3M Velcro at the top for easy removal, then glued the ccf to the vinyl and cut to fit. Boom.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Came up with another rifle mount. Bought one of those sets of anchor light mounts for boats for when you store the 4 ft stern light when not in use. Usec the largest machine screw and nut/flat washer on the back. I mounted it in the dash just inside the drivers door opening. Holds an AR15 type very securely. Still working on something for the butt stock to rest in.

2381 - 2395 of 2395 Posts