Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Electrical Contractor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the Fence on which LED whip to get. I had Tribal Whips on my Rhino and really liked them. My buddy has Safeglow Whips and they are really bright. Not sure yet which way to go. I know that Tribal is here in Vegas. I did have one problem with the lights. The seal broke and all the liquid inside came out. I have not had a chance to take it to Tribal so they can look at it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I had the same thing with my tribal. I have 2 of them that leaked all over my car. I moved over to quicklight because of the life time warranty and the only working part is mounted on the car. The quick disconnect part is great.

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
I am on the Fence on which LED whip to get. I had Tribal Whips on my Rhino and really liked them. My buddy has Safeglow Whips and they are really bright. Not sure yet which way to go. I know that Tribal is here in Vegas. I did have one problem with the lights. The seal broke and all the liquid inside came out. I have not had a chance to take it to Tribal so they can look at it.
Ya my Tribal leaked out of 1 whip after a couple of dune seasons. The other one was perfect still.

Didn't even have the receipt, and Russ sent me 2 brand new whips.
IIRR, he said something at the bottom of the whip was updated so that wouldn't happen again. That was a couple years ago. So far no problem at all with the new ones. The new whips are brighter than the old ones. They are so bright they light up the whole area, no need for a dome light... lol.
Have to get around to turning the old whip into a TH locating pole for nights.

·
Electrical Contractor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will give Russ a call today. I still have the broken whip in the garage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wpuld stay away from safeglow because their customer service sucks. Go with Tribal or the other one. My 2¢

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
We sell both Safeglo and Tribal and have nothing but good things to say about their service in the years we have been working with them. Give me a call for questions!

·
Electrical Contractor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Love my tribal whips to they took a hard roll over that bent the tabs bad and the whip work still work great and no leaks.

·
Electrical Contractor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered my Tribal Whips from Alternative Off Road. James is the man. He chimed in on this thread and made a sale. Now that customer service. Pleasure doing business with him.

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Cant say much about the customer for Tribal. I tried calling and left a message. I have not received a response yet. He local for me and would like to do business with him, but if he does not call me back, then I need to go elsewhere.
Give us a call when you have time, we're happy to work with you.

Russ
Tribal Whips
702-943-0784

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wpuld stay away from safeglow because their customer service sucks. Go with Tribal or the other one. My 2¢
Safeglo fixed my whip for free and shipped it back free. The connector at the bottom came lose. Had it back to me in a week. Met the guys there in San Dimas (CA), and they were really nice. The had lots of new whips and pole toppers for the RV. Picked up. A new color changing unit.

The Safeglo whips look really cool.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Have a pair of Safeglo 4' LED whips w/ quick connect mounts for sale if interested. I really like the product but went with Quick Whips because of the mounting system. Pm for a price if interested.

Sold!!!!!

·
TURBO'S RULE
1,772 Posts
Just ordered my Tribal Whips from Alternative Off Road. James is the man. He chimed in on this thread and made a sale. Now that customer service. Pleasure doing business with him.
You'll probably like the new pin clips that come with the newer whips. IMO, an improvement over the ones you had on your older Tribal whips. And the new whips, are brighter.

JFYI, Tribal posted a video last year showing the new clips. I never had a problem with the old ones, but liked the new 'posi lock' ones more.
So, gave Tribal a call to try and order/buy the new clips.
Tribal refused to let me pay for them, and sent out a hand full of the clips me...
So anyone sees me at Glamis and wants the new clips, ask me, I've got extras.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Just ordered a Sick Stick Lighted Whip from Factory UTV yesterday. Should be here today!!! It's multi color with remote. They start at $114.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
James at Alternative Offroad is Da man. I've bought 4 different Safeglows and releases from him, solid guy! As for the whips themselves, YES, the Safeglow whips are SUPER bright, probably the brightest out there. I've ran through low hanging tree branches and my safeglows have held up great, the only thing that took a beating was the flags themselves. Tree branches and flags don't mix! I did have a small issue with one of my Safeglow whips and all I had to do is call them directly, and they've taken care of me, no problems!

DevilDoc Junior

·
Registered
815 Posts
I meet the guys at Tribal at the Vegas 2 Reno tech party. Talked with them for a good half hour, and they gave my daughter and I some water. They were really nice, made me glad i had bought Tribal whips from them earlier in the year.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have been using a Quick Whip and decided to change to the SafeGlo's because they are brighter and they gave me excellent customer service. Both good quality, just go with what you personally like.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i personally preferr the "glowwips" from glowwhips. com they have super bright fiber optic lights their flexable as hell and have a sweet warranty. their not to bad on price either, I had the led lights did not last to long with me. I have the quick disconnect mount and billet holder for the rzr

·
Electrical Contractor
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I met Russ today at his shop. A real straight up guy. Minor miscommunication between us. No problems at all. Like I said before, I really like his lights. As a matter of fact, I was able to pick them up before they went out in the mail. I also ordered a set of 6' reds for a buddy of mine.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts