Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if any of you have found any good deals on LED replacements to the incandescent lights used in your RV. Going to Glamis the incandescent bulbs in my 5th wheel and on the porch lights can put a pretty sizable drain on the batteries. I have tried a few LED that I found on Ebay but not being an expert on the subject I find that the illumination in the LED I have used was not what I had hoped for. So if anyone has found some replacement LED that you liked I would really like to know where you got them and what color LED you used...

Thanks guys...:beer3:

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
Super bright led. Has a ton I'm on my phone so don't have what I used. But 18 LEDs use the same power as one of the old bulbs

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
I made some.. Used some 3 watt leds and some drivers.. Cost about 10 bucks per light using two LEDs and one driver. Its not a plug in bulb though. It is pretty bright and doesn't pull much power. Superbright LED would be your best bet for plug in bulbs.. Will be pretty $$$ if you need very many.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
mr ellerclan,

suggesting site vendors first of course, always, then.........

a good start is 1000bulbs.com aint been on his site for 6 months, lighting technology advances faster than cell phones.
if his site aint good there will be a plethora around his.
research your "socket base" terminology first and then dive. try pegasus lighting for definitiond.

the "s-14" size on my cutting mat (with the heat sink looking fins) is what i use regularly. low consumption, and reasonable in lumens.
those were introduced for the Bejing olympics and used literally all over that event, im told. and im a believer.
i picked up cases of them at a sign show in vegas easter '09. have not had a single one fail. sorry - no id on it!

i use the mini bases in my bathroom, dont go in hers, i digress.....
also our Home Depot has started an area of this kind of home lighting but they are only offering what they choose to.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
here is the link to super bright
Super Bright LEDs - Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs

yes they are pricy but i did a few at a time so wasnt all that bad..i have wedge style bulbs this is what i used
WLED-xHP10-DAC Wedge Base Bulb$ 14.95

their bright and use little juce...i left all my lights on to see how long the batterys would last with 12 of them on it took 3 days to go dead

WLED-xHP10-DAC Specifications

·
Registered
92 Posts
ledlight.com out of chandler, i orderd 8 and they work great just gotta get used to the super white light

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
alpine sand toys has some great led's also...his are almost as bright as the ones i got but his look almost like a incandesent bulb color alot more natural light..mine are a brighter floresnt look...also alpine sells a killer motion light for rv's i have it and it kicks butt

here is the thread but i forgot i had removed the photos at photo buckets request.

http://www.rzrforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/24249-rv-interior-led-conversions.html

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
egads - that one site wants $29.95 for ONE! - similar s-14 shape but only 3 watts! find the wholesaler - i gave about $80 for 400 or so!
check around folks!

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
12 volt flourescents work great and draw less watts per lumen. I use 3 of them and love them. I like the color of light instead of the dingy yellow. Here is what I have- FOUR Fluorescent Light 12 volt 30W Trailer Camper 2F15 : eBay Motors (item 350124424798 end time Oct-02-10 17:10:53 PDT)Once you put these in you never even turn on the small lights under the cabinets. They are 25 each if you buy 4 free shipping. If you buy 20 of them the price goes to 20 each. Get a few buddies together and buy 20. They install really easy.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Rigid:
Dually LED Lights and our Brightest LED Flashlight! Dually Lights and Truck Flashlight Selection

RV3- Is a 3w retrofit kit. Utilizing super bright, super efficient LED's we exceed the lumens per watt of any other product on the market(including our's!) by about 20%. This light will give almost the exact same light as a 20w halogen bulb while drawing only 3w total power. You can have 6 of these lights on in your RV or travel trailer and they will be pulling less than 1 traditional 1141 halogen.
This light kit comes with a 2 year, unlimited use warranty. If they go out we will replace them. Nominal life span is rated at 40,000 hours. When purchasing, please select a single bulb adapter from the list. Reference pictures of the plugs, bulbs and drawings are provided in the photo's section. Please call if you have any questions.

I bought a couple at the SSSS for $15. You can still get the show price on the website. They have a 400 lumen version for $4 more.

They had a side by side demo set-up. Man are they bright!

·
Family, it's about time
1,503 Posts
Rigid:
Dually LED Lights and our Brightest LED Flashlight! Dually Lights and Truck Flashlight Selection

RV3- Is a 3w retrofit kit. Utilizing super bright, super efficient LED's we exceed the lumens per watt of any other product on the market(including our's!) by about 20%. This light will give almost the exact same light as a 20w halogen bulb while drawing only 3w total power. You can have 6 of these lights on in your RV or travel trailer and they will be pulling less than 1 traditional 1141 halogen.
This light kit comes with a 2 year, unlimited use warranty. If they go out we will replace them. Nominal life span is rated at 40,000 hours. When purchasing, please select a single bulb adapter from the list. Reference pictures of the plugs, bulbs and drawings are provided in the photo's section. Please call if you have any questions.

I bought a couple at the SSSS for $15. You can still get the show price on the website. They have a 400 lumen version for $4 more.

They had a side by side demo set-up. Man are they bright!
Those are some really sweet lights they make! They are spendy though. It would take 5 of the 15 dollar lights and 4 of the 19 dollar ones to equal one flourescent light. The Leds however look like they pull 1/2 the power for the same amount of lumens as the flourescents. You could buy flourescents and take the money you saved and buy some 6v golf cart batteries and you will never run out of juice. But then again leds are cool.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow now we're talking. Looks like I need to get a solid count and then do the math... I think starting out slow is a good plan.. But you know the common lights that tend to get left on like the bathroom, outdoor porch and the security lights and the main entry lights would probably help...My kids tend to forget to turn things off.... surprise?

Thanks John that site you referred me to is very interesting...

·
Registered
691 Posts
I bought 4 of the ones from Rigid, and stuck them in my outdoor, and mainly used fixtures inside. They are brighter, and use less juice. I am very happy with them!

G-

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Greg, nice to see your up and posting man! Sorry to hear about the crash. :rm_thumbdown:

Anyway, those Rigid LED's ...1 is brighter than two bulbs in my existing fixture, so I only put one in a fixture and that's that - better, brighter, whiter light for very little juice.

I put them in the two main overhead lights that get used all the time - I'm going to snag about 4 more, so I'll be all set for under a hundred.

The fluorescent look nice, but I boondock a lot and want to save the power. I already have two banks of 6v deep cycle....adding solar next. :ride:

·
Registered
691 Posts
Thanks man! It was a hell of a ride, thats for sure.

Yeah, i did the same thing. just stuck one LED board in each fixture. that's all it needs for plenty of light.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts