Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm wanting to add some high intensity LED lights but don't really want a single long light bar going all the way across.
I'd prefer to find a pair of matching shorter bars or lights, maybe around 3"-6" inches each, with one on each side that I can mount to my upper roll cage cross bar just before my roofline.

I am also on a very tight budget but want as bright as I can get and of course being fully waterproof, vibration proof, pretty tough (to handle the occasional limb slap) etc. is important.

Any suggestions or experiances with something around this size range at a good price for a pair?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not to sound ungrateful but that seems just more like someone trying to advertize something they have for sale on eBay because that totally did not meet any of my criteria... I said I did not want a single light bar which is what that is (and if I do get one I would want one shorter, like 20") and I said I was on a really tight budget and that is one of the most expensive 30" light bars I have ever seen. I have friends with light bars that size that are so bright they blind you and they paid less than $500 deliverd for theirs, which is still over my budget.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I have a 20" Voltage light bar I got through Wheelieboy, a site vendor.
I am very happy with the light output, priced very reasonably, and it is very well built.
My daughter rolled the XP twice down a steep sand dune (not her fault) and this light is the only thing mounted on the cage that survived totally unscathed. (she was not injured either)

·
Super Moderator
6,927 Posts
I have use two Totron LED bars, a 30" on top and a 12" in the buper. The 12" is more than bright enough, easily 10x brighter than my HID headlights. The 30" LED is almost too much, literally turns night into day. If you want a budget minded option look at the Totron 10-12 LED lights, quality at a good price. I believe I paid around $260 for the 12".

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I hear you on the prices but you mentioned two phrases or parameters that don't go together anywhere on the off road planet. . . "LED light bar" and "tight budget".

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hear you on the prices but you mentioned two phrases or parameters that don't go together anywhere on the off road planet. . . "LED light bar" and "tight budget".

ROFL, Yea but I have seen some that wern't overly pricey and then others that were just totally insane.

·
Addicted
3,658 Posts
I am extremely happy with my 30" bar from TQS. I havent seen a 20" to compare it to like you want, but it sure does turn night into day, even compared to the stock LED headlights. It is also lots cheaper than many other bars out there. My night riding is fairly limited, so I didnt want to spend the money on a name brand bar.

I was able to get it tucked up even with my roofline, which is what I also wanted, to help keep it protected from branches and not obscure my vision. TQS has a 20" option you may like, as well as smaller ones. I used a TUSK whip mount for mine instead of spending a ton of money on other mounts. They were about $15 each on ebay, and would work great with a 20" bar as well.

I can post pics if you'd like...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have use two Totron LED bars, a 30" on top and a 12" in the buper. The 12" is more than bright enough, easily 10x brighter than my HID headlights. The 30" LED is almost too much, literally turns night into day. If you want a budget minded option look at the Totron 10-12 LED lights, quality at a good price. I believe I paid around $260 for the 12".

Yea, thats kinda how I feel about my friends 30" ones, in the woods they are SO bright they blind everyone in front of them and we have to tell them to turn them off, great if your always the front person but if your not always in front then they are usless except for PO'ing everyone who is in front of you.

They paid $430 for theirs last fall and have beat the living crapple out of them on trees and stuff and they still work great. So tough enough (no idea what brand) but just overkill.

·
Super Moderator
6,927 Posts
Actually I think I paid $370 for the 30" and $225 for the 12" (can't remember $hit nowdays). Anyway, PM JBeane for a price on the Totron bars

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Not long ago one of our riders here at the ranch had a NICE pair of 4" ones on a RZR-S that had two rows but were still only about 1" to 1.25" tall (just estimating the height, I only remember him saying they were each 4" long). Man they were super bright, mounted out toward either end of their upper roll bar, and they said they paid $169 for the pair and they'd been tree slapped, submerged, the machine rolled, and everything else and was still going strong. He was saying they were totally sealed even when not in the aluminum housing, that you didn't even have to use the aluminum housing, it was just for extra protection. I wish I'd asked him what brand they were and where he got them because they were just about perfect for what I want. They looked very similar to the same ones our local PD have mounted on some of Jeep rigs, in fact close enough I wonderd at the time if it was the same brand, though the county ones can be made to flash, strobe, and even do other colors all depending on which color lead wire you were supplying power to at the time.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
.50Caliberracing has some small inexpensive options

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Gyp, I put a set of 4" round LED lights on my 09 from SATV. They were about $140 for the pair. They are super bright, esp good for our low speed Ozarks trails. Mounted to a grill bar they sell for $29. Also will mount on any bracket of your choice, just about anywhere on your RZR. All aluminum housing, water proof. 4 amp draw for for the pair!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
you should try heretic studio lights, the brightest and you can configure any way you want so very customizable. jake is also great to work with and know his lights, also lots of color combinations.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts