Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what causes the rear tires to lean like this? I was thinking maybe bad bushing?

·
Registered
160 Posts
That looks like more than a bushing ,maybe upper /lower control arm bent . Take measurements from passenger side to confirm

·
Registered
160 Posts
Also grab @ 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock on tire and try to move back and forth(in & out ) to see if any play in bearing . If bearing was completely shot out then its possible u may get some lean like that

·
Registered
615 Posts
Could be a combination of a few things, Warn wheel bearings, Warn suspension bushings and sagging shock springs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same issue with mine on the sane tire. I checked both arms and they appeared to be straight. When I jacked it up and got the tires off the ground, I grabbed the tire at 12 and 6 o’clock and wiggled it. I could see some movement in the bushing where the lower a-arm connects to the knuckle. I’m currently replacing the bushings. I also sent my shocks off to be serviced though, so I’ll have to wait for them to make it back before I’ll know if it’s fixed or not. I’d check to be sure neither a arm is bent first. If they check out, then jack it up and wiggle the tire around to see if you have play in any of the bushings or wheel bearing.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My 900s was like that on the passenger side I worried and worried and looked and looked finally said screw it and rode it nothing ever came of it. I traded it in so I dont have it any more. That's was not why I traded it tho

·
Registered
160 Posts
Kidroush , got an update for us ? Just curious...have a friend with one like yours and I have to do all the work to it cause he has no mechanical experience! I try to stay up on his machine and potential problems

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kidroush , got an update for us ? Just curious...have a friend with one like yours and I have to do all the work to it cause he has no mechanical experience! I try to stay up on his machine and potential problems
I had it looked at and it appears that the previous owner had backed really hard into something with that tire and bent the A-arm. I have new ones coming from SuperATV. I will let you know if that fixes the issue.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I honestly believe that turning in one direction continuously and doing donuts is heavily to blame for worn out bearings and bushings on one side more than the other.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You said rear tires as in both rear tires are like that? What year ,model, and size of machine do you have ?

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts