Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a top end rebuild on my 08 800 rzr, and now my oil is getting milky. I've used new base and head gaskets, checked for flattness on head and cylinders (seems fine by the naked eye using straight edge). I just tore apart again this weekend and cleaned and crossed my T's and dotted my I's and did a pressure test and it's still leaking. Am I missing something or do I need to take and have everything checked at a local Machine shop?

·
Registered
41,101 Posts
Just did a top end rebuild on my 08 800 rzr, and now my oil is getting milky. I've used new base and head gaskets, checked for flattness on head and cylinders (seems fine by the naked eye using straight edge). I just tore apart again this weekend and cleaned and crossed my T's and dotted my I's and did a pressure test and it's still leaking. Am I missing something or do I need to take and have everything checked at a local Machine shop?
Did you install a new cylinder??? I would highly recommend having a machine shop check the head & cylinder out...

Replace both the head and base gaskets when re-installing the cylinder & head...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea its was the seal that is on the inner cover that seals around the water pump shaft. It takes a special tool to insert it correctly. I messed up the first one and ended up taking the cover to dealer to have replaced.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yea its was the seal that is on the inner cover that seals around the water pump shaft. It takes a special tool to insert it correctly. I messed up the first one and ended up taking the cover to dealer to have replaced.
When you say it was the seal on the inner cover, are meaning the seal behind the impeller or do I need to pull the engine and split the case exposing crank/gear box?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts