Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a local mud drag. It was lots of fun. I found out, the hard way, that the modified x3 mavericks can have a launch control in their tunes.

In this muddrag, getting out the hole first makes you win the race.

Do you have a launch control option available? I already have the level 2 &3.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Vendor
289 Posts
I think we talked on this already, but I'll answer here just so others know. We have not found a way to do launch control, and the X3 does not have a true launch control either. Launch control cannot truly happen without having high engagement on your CVT clutch. This is not something you could trail ride with. You can brake/gas at the same time with our tune to hold the RPM right at engagement point. Don't go over or you will smoke the belt/clutch. This will give you the best launch with our standard clutch setup.

If you want higher engagement we do have other springs available so you can brake launch harder.

If you want true launch control you'd need to have engagement around 4500-6000 RPM with custom notched weights, and figure out a controller. I have one customer who did this to his clutch system, but it's not something we currently offer.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,410 Posts
If you're power braking, or building a stall.... the belt is slipping in the clutches, because it engages around 2k rpm ish no matter if your foot is on the brake or not (unless you have a super high engagement spring...but then you don't have to hold the brake to get the rpm up...but the same principle would hold true)...So you can launch it wherever you want when you take your foot off the brake.... just know that your slipping the belt and creating a lot of heat in a hurry when you do it.... don't sit there with it all stalled up for a long while, or your launch will turn into one huge belt slip, or total failure.

·
Vendor
289 Posts
@AftermarketAs What is the typical safe launch RPM with your S2 clutch kit and a stage 2 tune? I am not sure what RPM engagement actually starts.

Thanks,
Andrew
The others gave some great advice and information. Make sure you find your engagement point as this can vary a little bit. Normally we can hold them around 2000 RPM.

Another option we have is our solid blue race spring. This engages around 2500 RPM and will raise RPM by about 200-300 RPM peak. As aggressive riders, we often times use this in the dunes to bring RPM up without switching weights. This is not online but we do have it available.

·
Registered
874 Posts
@AftermarketAs What is the typical safe launch RPM with your S2 clutch kit and a stage 2 tune? I am not sure what RPM engagement actually starts.

Thanks,
Andrew
The others gave some great advice and information. Make sure you find your engagement point as this can vary a little bit. Normally we can hold them around 2000 RPM.

Another option we have is our solid blue race spring. This engages around 2500 RPM and will raise RPM by about 200-300 RPM peak. As aggressive riders, we often times use this in the dunes to bring RPM up without switching weights. This is not online but we do have it available.

I do like the standard spring for trails, but in the dunes I would def like to see the revs up some before engaging. This is the first I saw that you have them available...how much does this change teh weight setting on the clutching, in theory weight should be the same just the engagement comes up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts