Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
4,175 Posts
I can tell you from experience that a fuel cell changes the ride and cornering of the RZR. I built a quick fill tank for under the seat.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I dont think Seth @ Trail Tank comes on here much and reads this. We need to call him (503-318-3139) and let him know we are wanting a large fuel tank for the XP4. With all the the extra space under the left rear seat, you could potentially double the fuel capacity and the weight is kept low and would be even across both sides of the machine.

Seth posted in the XP4 forums about the RZR's tank they built. Here is what he had to say;

"We have just completed the tank design for the first generation RZR. Though, it will take several weeks to build the mold and start producing tanks. It will fit 2008-2010 models, including the 2010 RZR4. It will be a little more than two gallons larger than stock. NO modifications required! Here is a sneak peak at the tank design...

We are starting next week on the design for the tank to fit 2011-2013."

Call Trail Tank and let them know you want a larger tank for the XP4!

503-318-3139

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
not much hope for the 2 seaters lol.
When I last spoke to Seth they were going to do the RZRs tank first, then the XP 2 seat fuel tank would be designed & built. Then maybe a specialized XP4 tank would be designed. The XP900 was actually the first machine he said he had in his shop. Also since the XP900 and the XP4 use the same stock fuel tank, if they built a XP 2 seat fuel tank it would also fit the XP4. Trail Tanks initial looking & measuring, they felt 2 more gal could also be gained with the XP tank making it about 9.5 gal if not a bit more.

What I am pushing/hoping for is a XP4 tank that utilizes both sides under the rear seats. Like mentioned that could double the stock 7.5 gal to 15 gal. The reason I want such a large tank is I would like to to a Grand Canyon trip. There is a guy who used to be on this forum, who assembles a trip once a year and you spend several days running around the Grand Canyon. You carry extra fuel and keep it at a remote lodge called the BAR10 near rim. The lodge has fuel but at double the cost. So you pack as much fuel is as you can carry, so you have less to buy when you are their. Also they dont guarantee they will have enough fuel at the lodge as they only truck in so many drums a month. But even then each day you must carry extra fuel to make each days trip. I would like to remove the use of having to a carry fuel can each day which are typically carried in the bed over the engine.

I've also spoke to some others who have XP4's and they too would like this larger tank as the XP4 does not seem to get the range as the XP 2 seat, (guessing due to weight of the machine) and would like to be able to fill it up and ride all day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw this just yesterday posted to the IMS products facebook page, it seems they also are trying to make a tank for the RZR. Not much info other then a few pics that look like it is an auxiliary tank, not a stock replacement and they claim the total capacity will be in the 12-13 gallon range. They say they are still at least 30 days out so who knows, but it looks interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/IMSproducts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I saw this just yesterday posted to the IMS products facebook page, it seems they also are trying to make a tank for the RZR. Not much info other then a few pics that look like it is an auxiliary tank, not a stock replacement and they claim the total capacity will be in the 12-13 gallon range. They say they are still at least 30 days out so who knows, but it looks interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/IMSproducts
IMS now makes it 3 companies that are in the process of making larger fuel tanks for the RZR. This is great! I will say the first thing I saw with the IMS tank that I dont like, is that you have to remove the seat to fill it. For those whose seats have seat belt slots or have doors, that just adds to the complication of removing the seat in order to fill the tank. Also being that the IMS tank looks to be an auxiliary tank you will need a second fuel pump to pump the fuel to the primary tank or engine, and you will not have a fuel gauge on that tank. One easy fix would be to have a fuel neck made to duplicate the stock neck & cap. Then on the driver side rocker panel you just cut a 3-4 inch access hole to be able to unscrew the cap and fill the tank. If you have doors, the door itself will cover this area and no one would know until you open the door and see the neck & fuel cap.

But I would take all those negatives before having to carry fuel cans over the engine! Glad to see another manufacture getting into building RZR fuel tanks.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
where are u at on this?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would be very interested in a larger tank for rzr 800 4 and i know of probably a dozen other that would also

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Good News! Trail Tanks announced on the 800 forum that they are building the mold and will be ready to release the RZRS 2.5 gal larger fuel tank soon.

We need to show them that XP 900 & XP4 owners are in need and will buy one if they make one. XP4 / Jagged X would be awesome if they could build a double tank that utilized both sides under the rear seat. That would be an easy 15+ gal tank! That would equal at least 180-200 miles on a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
XP2/900, probably forget it. BUT:

All RZR4 people I know incl. myself would spend 2-400 bucks for another 7.5 gal tank if it has a little 2-way pump on it. This way you could use the same opening to fill them up > pump it to spare, and when the last bar is gone pump it back over. Tell me where to buy and I'll order 4 right away!

Any xp4 in the crew becomes the gas-getter. XP2's in the group could carry 5 siphon instead keeping the weight down...

·
Registered
8 Posts
The market is large for the XP4's, no doubt. If the price is right between $200 and $350 I imagine it would be worth to any XP4 user doubling the tank capacity to 15 gal's. More gal's gets probably too heavy, and less....better off with a programmer saving 20%.

So is there anything out there yet for the XP4 900 — actual, for sale?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Can you guys help us with some info? The XP4 900 has two molded in fittings in the tank. I know one is vent with a baffle, is the other just a return (open fitting) ? Why does the 4 have it and the 2 seater does not as far as I can tell?

Thanks.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
To be honest I have never noticed. I will check my XP4 fuel tank tonight and if need be take a picture or two for you to compare them with the model tank you are using.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
We are about 4 weeks away from first production run of our 08-10 RZR/RZR4 TrailTanks! Shown below is our model next to the OEM tank. I don't have to tell you which is which...

We are designing the XP900/XP4 900/11-14 RZR 800/RZR4 800 fuel tank in the shop now. Stay tuned for the progress reports on that if you are interested. In fact, LIKE us on Facebook under TrailTank and let us know that the significant investment we are making in uncharted territory just might be a good one!

Attachments

·
Registered
999 Posts
Please hurry I need more fuel for my 2010 RZR S
I will order when they are ready

41 - 60 of 63 Posts